HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:11 AM
Fallbrook, CA
Joined Oct 1998
1,113 Posts
Lost link to conical program download for DF

Somewhere on E-Zone i ran across a message that described an application that would draw a perfect pattern for a conical thrust tube. Does anyone have th elink, or link to the message? I tried some searches, but came up empty.
Arthur Knowles is offline Find More Posts by Arthur Knowles
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2003, 01:34 AM
Fallbrook, CA
Joined Oct 1998
1,113 Posts
Never mind, I found it while browsing the DF archives. It's at http://www.pulserate.com/cone/index.html for those interested.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 09:54 AM
Joined Aug 2000
3,922 Posts
Hi Arthur

Thanks for posting the answer.

I'd never heard of this one, and it must have many useful applications, like in bifurcating a tailpipe, routing the ducting in, say, a Sabre or Buccaneer, and maybe even siamesing a tailpipe so that 2 fans can blow out through one tailpipe.

I had to bend the duct in my MiG 15 to help the 22-cell pack to fit on top, and this program might have been useful at the time.

Cheers

Gordon
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:47 PM
Fallbrook, CA
Joined Oct 1998
1,113 Posts
Gordon,

Yes, it's a very good way to solve may duct related issues. My duct at present is quite simple, but future ones may not be. Hope it can help you out in the future.