Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:44 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,701 Posts
Discussion
2 days of F3K at the Nats

Here is what needs to be done to keep it:

We all wanted 2 days at the Nats and now we have it. We need to Thank the LSF and the leaders for listening and doing something about it to keep the DLG crowd happy.

I personally went to Tom Kallevang and thanked him for making the effort for getting us the 2 days we wanted. Also next year we need to have an increased number of enteries. We share Freq with the electric guys and this was the reason for the certain freq we could fly on. They looked back 3 years on DLG and Electric and allocated on the freq that were used most by each group. So they researched it to accomodate us the best they could.

Tom realized the needs for us to have the flattest and largest area and this is why we were put in the location we used. It was a good spot.

So guys tell the LSF they have done good by us. Lets not loose it.

We now have another big must attend contest.

Jeff
Goinav8n is online now Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Last edited by Goinav8n; Jul 29, 2009 at 02:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:49 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,557 Posts
Jeff,
You are right in all respects except one, AMA really had nothing in this decision, it all came from LSF. As the Event Director for 2010-2012, I want to make it better and we will work on it, I promise!

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:24 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,701 Posts
Eliminated AMA

Jeff
Goinav8n is online now Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Jul 29, 2009, 03:03 PM
Looking for lift...
Milford, NJ
Joined Mar 2005
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVSS Boss
Jeff,
You are right in all respects except one, AMA really had nothing in this decision, it all came from LSF. As the Event Director for 2010-2012, I want to make it better and we will work on it, I promise!

Marc
Marc,

Thank you for your support, and with your continued support the event will grow as DLGers fit it into their calendars.

Let's make next year even bigger guys. Put it on your calendar now, so you can come next year. With any luck I may actually get a few more flights in before then.

Doug
Vulture is offline Find More Posts by Vulture
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,557 Posts
Jeff, in the big scheme of things, the Nats is entirely our show. Yes, they give their blessing, but outside of that LSF really controls it all.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart