Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 26, 2009, 10:14 PM
Houston Texas
Joined May 2008
763 Posts
Discussion
problem--New elogger v3, osd, gps

I just bought an elogger v3 with osd expander and gps expander from Towerhobbies. I installed the software on my computer and setup the osd display. When I hooked everything up on my FPV funjet with a camera and wireless transmitter, I can see the video fine but the OSD shows a bunch of error messages. Then, I plugged the elogger into my computer to re-setup the osd, but the software locks up when I tried to open the OSD setup page.

Update:
I've learned that whenever the OSD is plugged-in, the software will lock-up. After I remove the OSD, I was able to record some data, like watts, amps, gps position, etc.
edragon is offline Find More Posts by edragon
Last edited by edragon; Jul 26, 2009 at 11:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:04 AM
Houston Texas
Joined May 2008
763 Posts
Nevermind. I got it to work. Mostly. I'm not sure what went wrong. Now I need to figure out why the GPS shows over 5000 ft alt, when I am at sea level.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:44 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,919 Posts
edragon, glad you got the system to work.

Yes, there is a problem we have with GPS when the GPS thinks it is below sea level, and starts reporting negative numbers, which is probably the case when you are right at sea level. We have attempted to reproduce this problem here (at sea level!) but have never been able to. Does this problem persist for you?

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 19, 2009, 08:59 PM
Houston Texas
Joined May 2008
763 Posts
Bill,
The GPS says 5000 feet alt when I was at home. But, when I got to the flying field, it says a negative number. After I throw my plane into the air, the altitude number looks good.

Sometimes, when I'm flying the GPS altitude is slow to update. For example, the GPS altitude wouldn't change for 2 seconds even though my plane is in a dive. I assume the other GPS data is slow also.