HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2003, 07:36 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
Skinni Mini kits now available

Hey guys. Well its been quite a learning experience to figure out how to get everything together (parts from manufacturers, shipping, writing an instruction manual that everyone can understand, getting the foam cutting consistent) but Im finally ready to offer the Skinni Mini kits "officially" Ive sold a few to people that were interested ahead of time, and so far the process has worked flawlessly.

The Skinni Mini is a small, fast foam flying wing. I designed it to be small enough to keep in the car for those "lunch time" flying sessions, but the stock power system and thin airfoil offers a little more "punch" than other planes its size. The kit is very complete. All you have to supply is 2 micro servos, a micro RX, 7-10 amp ESC and a 6-8 cell AAA size battery pack.

The kit includes-
-wing cores
-250 motor
-prop
-Graupner 2mm prop adapter
-pre cut tiplets
-pre cut elevons
-Dubro micro control horns
-Dubro micro EZ connectors
-pushrods with z-bends
-motor mont and wire tie
-velcro for mounting the battery
-detailed and illistrated instruction manual

You can go here to see some videos of the Skinni Mini.
http://www.yourzagi.com/video.htm

All the videos were made using the included motor and prop and a 7x700mah NiMh AAA pack. AUW is 7.5oz.

Also you can go here to check out a building thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=107398

Price of the kit is $50 USD and shipping is $5 uninsured. If you prefer insured shipping it is $7 USD.

If anybody has questions please contact me at barrettsrcplanes@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Barrett Moffett
Barrett is offline Find More Posts by Barrett
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2003, 07:40 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
I can accept money paypal (which includes credit cards) money orders and personal checks. Please contact me for more details. My paypal account is barrettsrcplanes@yahoo.com

Shipping is done through US priority mail.

Heres a head on shot of one wing half.
Old Apr 09, 2003, 07:42 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
Heres a close up of the foam cutting.
Old Apr 09, 2003, 10:47 PM
Clinton, Maryland
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
Is the third video down with aerobics stock?
Tomegun is offline Find More Posts by Tomegun
Old Apr 09, 2003, 11:05 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomegun
Is the third video down with aerobics stock?
Yes all videos are done with the stock power system. In fact I have yet to change motors. I want to go brushless, but dont have the funds to do so yet. But it is really not needed on the Skinni Mini unless you are just looking for INSANE speed. The stock motor pushes it along very nicely.

However I have been eyeing the new RAZOR 350, it seems like an almost direct replacement in size for the J250. On 6 or 7 KAN 950's the Skinni Mini would probaly have to be flown fly by sound alone, as the speed would make it a little hard to see.

Barrett Moffett
barrettsrcplanes@yahoo.com
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:35 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
Ive gotten a few e-mails on shipping the Skinni Mini outside of the US. I can ship to anywhere in the world using Global Priority mail. If you have any questions or are interested in ordering a kit, please send me an e-mail at barrettsrcplanes@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Barrett Moffett