Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
flying = good for my eyes
Spokane, Washington
Joined Jan 2007
1,503 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Aquacraft EP1 Outboard Motor-- Theory on How to take apart

Hello all,

UPDATE: If you buy your outboard from the online store you should have the shaft puller included already.

I would like to make a mini-how-to without having to go through the process of drilling holes in your outboard Ep1. This is supposed to work in theory, because i already took apart mine (by drilling a hole) so i have no way of going back and testing it.

Step #1-
Remove plastic cover from your outboard motor, and remove the brushed motor which is attached by 2 hex screws.

Step #2-
Next remover the propeller, the propeller shaft(this can bend very easily so check if yours is straight), and the 2 bearings that hold the propeller shaft.

Step #3-
Clean out all the grease.

Step #4-
Now take your outboard unit and look directly where the main motor was inserted. You should see the second part of your brass coupler. INSIDE of it there will be a thread where you can insert a bolt. Find a bolt and screw it right into your coupler. The idea is to screw it in and use this bolt to pull the main shaft out, with the bearings. In theory nothing will break because of the way it is attached.

However, how you use to remove the shaft with the bolt, is up to you. I would simply put a few nuts on your bolt, which are wide enough so that it will hold on to the motor mount allowing you to unscrew the nut and slowly pulling the main shaft and bearings out. A picture in paint should give you an idea of how this can be done.
russainred95 is offline Find More Posts by russainred95
Last edited by russainred95; Oct 10, 2009 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:10 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
russainred95,

It all great info but i would put this into the "Racing Boats - Electric" rather than here in the Racing Boats - Internal Combustion.

Barry
Flying Barry is offline Find More Posts by Flying Barry
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:09 AM
flying = good for my eyes
Spokane, Washington
Joined Jan 2007
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Barry
russainred95,

It all great info but i would put this into the "Racing Boats - Electric" rather than here in the Racing Boats - Internal Combustion.

Barry
Thanks for catching that. I couldn't figure out where this would go... LOL

I'll request mod to move...
russainred95 is offline Find More Posts by russainred95
Old May 24, 2011, 06:38 AM
Joined Dec 2010
153 Posts
How do I take the swinging part of it (is it called the transom)
rc_boat_lover is offline Find More Posts by rc_boat_lover