SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:31 AM
lucks better than skill
glens falls n.y.
Joined Jul 2009
6 Posts
Discussion
evolution pts flywheel weight on tower hobbies .46 bb engine

im wondering if anyone has put the weight,prop and spinner from a hangar 9 pts plane onto another engine of the same size. in this case a tower .46 bb engine. the pts weight helps it idle incredibly well. so i was hoping to add it to my tower plane and help it in the same way. the tower engine idles pretty well but was hoping to make it alittle better. anything that can help it stay running is a good thing. i have checked the specs i could find and the crank threads appear to be the same. i have both planes but dont really want to "pirate" the parts off the hangar 9 engine just to see if it fits on the tower engine.
madflyer_19 is offline Find More Posts by madflyer_19
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:15 AM
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,216 Posts
Hillbillie wisdom.....If in it aint broke don't be a fixin it.....
You say you have a good idle now....
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:01 AM
United States, NJ, Middlesex
Joined Feb 2008
1,193 Posts
Actually, that flywheel was one of the first things i took off when I got my mustang. You'll save a couple of oz of weight (recheck CG!) plus the engine gains a few 100 rpms and the response is quicker. Never had a problem with idling with flywheel removed.
RedStarArmy is offline Find More Posts by RedStarArmy
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:20 AM
lucks better than skill
glens falls n.y.
Joined Jul 2009
6 Posts
evo flywheel weight

i hear ya jetmech05. i havent been having any issue with the tower engine. being new and all to the nitro plane scene...though i do have nitro experience with my past boats and trucks.the worst that happens with a truck or boat is it just stops where it is and if a plane engine quits ....well its just a little bit tougher to deal with. i religiously maintain my engines and equipment so barring the odd flameout or glitch im not anticipating to many "problems". i flew the mkii this past sunday with success. i think the balance is still a little to the tail. but otherwise alls good. i will be 30min epoxying the wing halfs together but other than that the only other thing ive done is add a hobbico air alert lost plane finder....... i hate elm trees... blast you.that was the second "flight". if in your manual it says DO NOT DISREGARD THIS STEP believe it.
madflyer_19 is offline Find More Posts by madflyer_19