Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:24 AM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Discussion
RCPRO Warbird Racing in Hesperia, CA

Hi Guys ,

Just wanted to let you know that we will be holding our Fall warbird race on August 22 here a the new Victor Valley RC Park. We're installing our new shade structures as I type this and they should be completed in about a week. The new park is really coming along and should provide for some very enjoyable racing. This race is sponsored by the Victor Valley RC Flyers and is an RCPRO event. This is our fifth time hosting the event and it gets better each time.

I would like to invite all AMA pilots to get a warbird together for this and come race with us. You can find the rules here.

http://www.rcpro.org/html/rules/warb...cing_rules.htm

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My contact info is on the flier.

Of course, you can always ask here as well so other can benefit from the discussion.

Blessings, Terry
still4given is offline Find More Posts by still4given
Last edited by still4given; Jul 31, 2009 at 02:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:25 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
I just wanted to give this a bump. We are less than a month away now and I wanted to refresh everyone's mind about it. Looking forward to racing with you guys again.

Blessings, Terry
Old Aug 03, 2009, 10:20 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
Are we also going to read of an update or synopsis of the event afterwards?

I am near to S.B. about 20 miles away (just to the south) and will be wandering around the flying area that day.

Wm.
coosbaylumber is offline Find More Posts by coosbaylumber
Old Aug 03, 2009, 06:39 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
No need to wander, come fly with us.

Yes, I do plan to give an account of the day's activities as well as the world standing afterwords.

If you are in the area and can't fly, at least stop in a say hi and watch some very good racing.

Blessings, Terry
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:51 AM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
We have been busy upgrading our field. I thought I would show some aerial shots of the new shade structures we just installed.

Blessings, Terry
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
Gee....

Via that aerial shot, looks as though a few near permanent improvements have taken place at your site. Changed a bit since last visit.

Background does not look familair, but you still off of B.Vly. Road on the freeway?

Wm.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:43 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,885 Posts
Wow! Nice lookin' facility!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:55 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosbaylumber
Gee....

Via that aerial shot, looks as though a few near permanent improvements have taken place at your site. Changed a bit since last visit.

Background does not look familair, but you still off of B.Vly. Road on the freeway?

Wm.

No, we are not on Bear Valley Road anymore. We have a new field in Hesperia, right next to Hesperia Lakes. 7000 Lake Arrowhead Road. It's a very nice atmosphere and is sort of nestled in a little valley there which helps keep the wind down. If you get a chance, stop by. Better yet, bring your favorite warbird next Saturday and race with us.

Blessings, Terry
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,872 Posts
Friend of mine from Burbank said new location is about 1/2 mile south of BV road now. May be why did not reccognise the place.

Sort of "Iffy" as to if he will show up or not, as he was to drive us then. If not will drive myself.

You had better make it nice weather too......

Wm.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:32 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
No, we are probably 10 miles south of BV. We are about three miles south of Main in Hesperia
Old Aug 24, 2009, 09:50 PM
Sky Pilot
Victorville, CA
Joined Jun 2006
1,114 Posts
Here are the results from the race. We had a smaller turnout than usual but some really good racing.
We didn't have enough entries for a Gold class so just Bronze and Silver.

Blessings, Terry