HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by CGReload, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 08:08 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Wanted
Spectrum DX7 Airplane Version U.S. Mode 2 (any latest version)

Hey guys im looking for a U.S. Mode 2 Spectrum DX7 airplane version.

I would like the TX, Charger and Battery only. Please post here if you have anything.

Thanks!
CGReload is offline Find More Posts by CGReload
Last edited by CGReload; Jul 24, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2009, 09:21 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,888 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
I have one NIB!!! It is Brand Spanking New!!!! It have the Charger, TX battery, and TX is still in the wrapping. Make me an offer VIA PM.

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Jul 22, 2009, 09:35 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,897 Posts
Trader Rating: 188
They do not make an airplane version of the SE. Primarily, that is what is unique about the SE -- more heli features, the higher resolution and lower latency rate with the high end RX's, and a smooth throttle. Plus, the "photo" on the case shows a heli, the default setting is for heli, and the switches are labeled for helis.

Let me consider your offer.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:10 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Garret,

So the SE is only a Heli version???

Thanks for letting me know.

Im only looking for an Airplane version of the DX7, any latest version.
Last edited by CGReload; Jul 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,897 Posts
No, it will do planes just fine -- that is what I have used mine on very shortly. It is a very fast, smooth TX; just the outer markings and throttle ratchet are for helis and the default is for heli (you have to change to acro mode when first setting up a model). It has all of the plane features of a regular DX7 plane version, but it is designed to have more features for a heli.

Honestly, if you want a DX7 for planes, just buy a DX7 plane version -- you do not need to spend the extra $ on a radio that has no extra plane features and does not have a trainer function. One feature of the SE is to allow an decrease in latency over the DX7 (11ms instead of 22ms) and an upgrade to 2048 resolution instead of 1024 on the regular DX7. But, this is only accomplished when using a higher-end RX.

Garret
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:05 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Thanks for the info Garret,

Im going to go ahead and look for the regular DX7 airplane version.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:10 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,897 Posts
No problem. Glad I could defer a potential sale.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:59 PM
Western Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
65 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
PM sent
IRLJR is offline Find More Posts by IRLJR
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:14 PM
Joined Jul 2009
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
There's a guy on Ebay (seems reputable) who offered me one for $165.00 shipped with TX, Charger, Batteries & Manual. Brand New, Never used. I have already bought one from another seller so if your interested, let me know, I'll provide the link. Offer is only good until Friday 10 A.M. eastern. He doesn't want to have to end the auction after that, feels it's not fair to bidders to leave it up longer than that. He sells quite a few. Let me know.
Crash N Burn 1 is offline Find More Posts by Crash N Burn 1
Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:17 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash N Burn 1
There's a guy on Ebay (seems reputable) who offered me one for $165.00 shipped with TX, Charger, Batteries & Manual. Brand New, Never used. I have already bought one from another seller so if your interested, let me know, I'll provide the link. Offer is only good until Friday 10 A.M. eastern. He doesn't want to have to end the auction after that, feels it's not fair to bidders to leave it up longer than that. He sells quite a few. Let me know.
Well I missed the sale by an hour as im Pacific time. I sent him an email so lets see what happens.

But, im still looking.
Closed Thread