HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 31, 2009, 09:02 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
fh64_lucky's Avatar
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,337 Posts
I see my Lil brother I havent talked to in what....20 years rocks in the RC field now!Whats the odds we both into RC?? I need some graphics for my jets Steve...And stay in touch ya ninny! Joe
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:46 AM
KF4IVP
34Ford's Avatar
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2005
2,167 Posts
As mentioned in another thread the possibilities is endless if you buy the decal paper and some clear spray paint.

I am going to start on the tail today.

______
Dennis

34Ford is offline Find More Posts by 34Ford
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
337 Posts
These look really nice. I'm thinking about ordering, but was wondering if you had weighed the trimmed decal sets? the stock stickers are thick and heavy so it shouldn't be too hard to keep them lighter than those, but I am still curious as to how much a set weighs.
tommythecat is offline Find More Posts by tommythecat
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:21 PM
KF4IVP
34Ford's Avatar
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2005
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat
These look really nice. I'm thinking about ordering, but was wondering if you had weighed the trimmed decal sets? the stock stickers are thick and heavy so it shouldn't be too hard to keep them lighter than those, but I am still curious as to how much a set weighs.
Thats the keyword," stickers" or "decals". The ones I made are water soaked decals I printed on a inkjet printer.

______
Dennis
34Ford is offline Find More Posts by 34Ford
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 02:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
337 Posts
I was actually inquiring about the vigilante stickers, but now that you bring up yours I gotta ask...how do you print waterslides on an inkjet. Is it just special ink? All of the inkjets I've used have used ink that didn't like water. Being able to print decals on my inkjet would save me a lot of paint weight on my foam models.
tommythecat is offline Find More Posts by tommythecat
Last edited by tommythecat; Aug 31, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2007
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat
I was actually inquiring about the vigilante stickers, but now that you bring up yours I gotta ask...how do you print waterslides on an inkjet. Is it just special ink? All of the inkjets I've used have used ink that didn't like water. Being able to print decals on my inkjet would save me a lot of paint weight on my foam models.
I weighed my planes with stock stickers before and after my decals and my scale could not tell the difference. Both before and after, my plane weighed 34grams. My decals are extremely light as they are trimmed close to the image outline so there is no "dead weight" and DO NOT require and spray paint like waterslide decals need. Usually paint adds more weight. I have sold lots of my peel-n-stick decals and everyone seems to agree that they do not add any measureable amount of weight if any.
Thanks.
Steven
Vigilante R/C
vigilante-rc is offline Find More Posts by vigilante-rc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 07:55 PM
KF4IVP
34Ford's Avatar
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2005
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat
I was actually inquiring about the vigilante stickers, but now that you bring up yours I gotta ask...how do you print waterslides on an inkjet. Is it just special ink? All of the inkjets I've used have used ink that didn't like water. Being able to print decals on my inkjet would save me a lot of paint weight on my foam models.
All the details here. http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/2.htm

The one decal I made for the right wing weighs in at .048 grams. So both wings is under 1 gram. Water slide decals is nothing more than the ink and the thickness of the clear paint. The thickness of the paper is .29 mm when you buy it and its .04mm when you slide the decal off.



______
Dennis
34Ford is offline Find More Posts by 34Ford
Last edited by 34Ford; Aug 31, 2009 at 08:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 09:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2006
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
All the details here. http://www.decalpaper.com/category-s/2.htm

The one decal I made for the right wing weighs in at .048 grams. So both wings is under 1 gram. Water slide decals is nothing more than the ink and the thickness of the clear paint. The thickness of the paper is .29 mm when you buy it and its .04mm when you slide the decal off.



______
Dennis
That would be less than 1/10 of a gram. I'm torn, what to do what to do...print my own or buy some. I love the idea of having my own unique design, but I'm also lazy and have 20 pending projects already on the list. DOH!!!
tommythecat is offline Find More Posts by tommythecat
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:02 PM
I need a BIGGER lvng rm!
Conroe, Tx
Joined Oct 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilante-rc
I weighed my planes with stock stickers before and after my decals and my scale could not tell the difference. Both before and after, my plane weighed 34grams. My decals are extremely light as they are trimmed close to the image outline so there is no "dead weight" and DO NOT require and spray paint like waterslide decals need. Usually paint adds more weight. I have sold lots of my peel-n-stick decals and everyone seems to agree that they do not add any measureable amount of weight if any.
Thanks.
Steven
Vigilante R/C
edit*** sorry, wrong thread
MicroTex is offline Find More Posts by MicroTex
Last edited by MicroTex; Sep 18, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:44 PM
No brains No headaches
edboy707's Avatar
corona ca.
Joined May 2009
29 Posts
Tribal theme would be super cool I would but a fleets worth lol

big Eddie
edboy707 is offline Find More Posts by edboy707
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The RealMcCoy's Sterling Sukhoi Su-26 Conversion RealMcCoy Scale Kit/Scratch Built 65 Apr 19, 2010 10:18 AM
CG Sukhoi Su-26 GeeBeeMan21 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 14, 2003 03:41 PM
Sukhoi Su 26 dumbthumbs Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jan 10, 2003 07:05 PM
Sukhoi Su-26 Mx SpaKack Parkflyers 5 Oct 25, 2002 07:46 AM
WANTED: Goldberg Sukhoi SU 26 kreed Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 May 17, 2002 11:45 AM