SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RobinBennett, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:04 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
Discussion
Twin Boom Multiplex Fox conversion

Here's my conversion of the Multiplex Fox - I cut the fuselage in half and replaced the rear half with a couple of bamboo skewers and some balsa fins. There's an AR6100 buried just under the leading edge of the wing, the ailerons are controlled by torque rods and the elevator by a servo in the wing with a long push-rod. The motor is a small brushless I bought for indoor 3D a couple of years ago with a 5x4.3 (instead of the 6x3 that it uses for 3D). AUW with a 2s 400mAh battery is 95g but it has also flown with a 2s800 at 120g.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:18 AM
Lake County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
85 Posts
How does it fly? Any video?
hakuna is offline Find More Posts by hakuna
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:25 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
Sory, I've no access to a video camera but it flies really nicely. I've flown a couple of Foxes that weigh around 125g and they aren't nearly so forgiving at low speeds, tip stalling and spinning if you don't keep them moving fast.

The central motor mount means that there are no pitch trim changes when you open or close the throttle, and the motor is protected when I crash, so I'm happy to fly it in quite a bit of wind.

The half-length ailerons don't seem to be a problem either, in fact I usually have it set to low rates anyway.

Oh, and I've finished it off to get rid of the unsightly bits of tape you can see in the photo ;-)
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:09 PM
Lake County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
85 Posts
Sound great! Looks like the perfect platform for one of the 10mw FPV setups!
hakuna is offline Find More Posts by hakuna