HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Warbird@home, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 03:18 PM
The Netherlands, NB, Hapert
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Discussion
Introduction to me and my hobby

Well I am a keen scale modeler, have been since I was born I think, something to do with being an only child and being given a tool shed on my 10th birthday !! I followed my father into building model ships. He was a keen designer but didn't build much, I was just the opposite and built and designed as I went a long. Needless to say things go a bit tense between us.
Anyway I settled building scale warships, mostly at 1/144th and 1/96th scales and had a good, if rather solitary time.
A lot of water under the bridge and I found myself in the Netherlands. My son was living with me and as a single parent living abroad I needed something to do. I decided to try and integrate into Dutch society and also satisfy my need to build things.......so that's when the aeroplane building started. Being completely clueless, I went into a model shop locally, and asked for a training plane that I could build that "if I got into trouble, I could let go of the sticks and she would right herself and carry on without me until I regained my composure "...well, you guessed it, they sold me Robbe Charter.....and after some discussions I walked out with a Futaba 4 channel R/C set, a list of modifications, a 6.5 cc OS max engine and some BIG wheels for it.........ok more later............
Warbird@home is offline Find More Posts by Warbird@home
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread