SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 23, 2009, 01:15 AM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Hi Dave,
WOW!! That set-up seems to work very well, you got at least 15 minutes of flight out of that pack that I saw. You didn't take it easy like you said either. I was curious, and I'm not trying to give you crap, if the profile Kellett has difficulty turning right by design? or is it a loose nut behind your radio control sticks? I would have never guessed it would be you judging by all your videos. I know that my AcoA Kelletts (Correction Singular Kellett after the last mishap) don't like to turn right very steep. If you get too steep with them they fall off rapidly regardless of aft stick and power. Turns out to be a handfull. Anyway Dave thanks for the videos!
Regards,
-Mike
Boneswamped is offline Find More Posts by Boneswamped
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:07 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
NO MIKE!!!!! It is not the gyro....it is ME!!! I suck at right turns cause I have never really had to make them as EVERY flying club I belong to flies counter clockwise.

I have said this in every post since the neat fair that I suck at the counter clockwise pattern.

It is me.....not the design.

Take a look at Rich and Andy flying....they make mostly right turns...

Dave
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:11 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Hi Dave,

I used to get hung up about turning left, I just kept practising until it was no longer a problem, easy to say I know but I found if I did not think about it before hand, it was less dificult, horizontal eights is a good manouver to go with, you can still do a left hand circuit/pattern for the landing.
These days with a rc flight sim it's less model consuming to get the hard stuff under your belt, good luck mate, you'll master it I'm sure. Cheers,

regards Al
rotorheid is offline Find More Posts by rotorheid
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:23 AM
United States, TN, Bartlett
Joined May 2005
77 Posts
Give us some info on the Hat Cam
ssrobzoom is offline Find More Posts by ssrobzoom
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:20 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Hat CAM!!! LOL! OK.....years ago, I would get upset when going to fly as no one would want to tag along and watch my relentless efforts in the autogyro flying.

I took a baseball cap, and cut foam from a toolbox organizer I think I got from MSC? Foam is 1/2" thick. I cut the sides and compartement components and temp duct taped it together. Turning on the camera and placing it the hat....I simply adjusted the angle until it looked right. Outside is the best way to do it. I them glued ONE edge at a time as not to move the whole set up. Last thing was to cover it with Gorilla Duct Tape. Done deal. I have two bays that holds the Flip and the Pen camera.

Dave
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Hey.....anyone out there have a coppy of that movie I made 2 years ago of me making the landing gear for the Profile Kellett?????

Dave
Old Sep 23, 2009, 03:36 PM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsofaman
Hey.....anyone out there have a coppy of that movie I made 2 years ago of me making the landing gear for the Profile Kellett?????

Dave
Hi Dave, Funny you should mention that; I had seen the video before, but now I can't seem to find it. Thanks for the other info on the turns as well my Gyro Brother. Like Daffy Duck says; that's just Pasighkalogical.
Regards,
-Mike
Old Sep 23, 2009, 03:51 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,067 Posts
Looks great Dave. Plenty of power, that's for sure!
jodini is offline Find More Posts by jodini
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:01 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Double cool videos Dave, just watched them after several failed attempts to get into the Youtube on my clockwork internet connection, guess the rewound up the big key, or paid their bill,

Al
rotorheid is offline Find More Posts by rotorheid
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:10 PM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheid
Double cool videos Dave, just watched them after several failed attempts to get into the Youtube on my clockwork internet connection, guess the rewound up the big key, or paid their bill,

Al
Hi Al,
So are you building the Kellet Profile then? I'm doing my best to get started with mine, but I'm stuck flying nearly 8 hours a day this month. I love watching all your work man! Keep it up.
Regards,
-Mike
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:26 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Quote:
Like Daffy Duck says; that's just Pasighkalogical.
You "quack" me up!!! LOL!!!

Yes....I had that movie on Putfile, I then had a computer problem and lost all my movies. And of course....Putfile then decided to go out of business.

Yeah....I need to make another one anyway. It will be in a week or so.

Dave
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:30 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsofaman
Hat CAM!!! LOL! OK.....years ago, I would get upset when going to fly as no one would want to tag along and watch my relentless efforts in the autogyro flying.

I took a baseball cap, and cut foam from a toolbox organizer I think I got from MSC? Foam is 1/2" thick. I cut the sides and compartement components and temp duct taped it together. Turning on the camera and placing it the hat....I simply adjusted the angle until it looked right. Outside is the best way to do it. I them glued ONE edge at a time as not to move the whole set up. Last thing was to cover it with Gorilla Duct Tape. Done deal. I have two bays that holds the Flip and the Pen camera.

Dave

I forgot to mention....I first tried gluing it with ZAP Goo. That ended up peelling off the foam. I ended up with the brown version Grorill glue....sanded down the bubbles and Gorilla duct taped it. Easier to rework with the Gorrilla glue.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:36 PM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Hi Dave,
I went simple with my hat cam. I built a frame to the size of my flip camera out of yard sticks from the paint shop. I contoured the back of the frame to the front of the hat, and dumped a lot of CA along the frame while pressed on the hat. I couldn't pull it off if I wanted! I think I need to get the other camera you have though...the flip has some limitations.
-Mike
Old Sep 23, 2009, 04:47 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
I will say this about the Flip. I think it is really cool and is the easiest to use and a snap to download. Yes....the pen cameras work well also. I got mine from Gorilla Bobs....I still cant forget that name!!! LOL!!! The Hobby Lobby camera works well too. I need to get some on board footage soon!!! before it gets cold out....

Dave
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:31 AM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Doing a build for the Profile Kellett in another thread..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116883
Last edited by imsofaman; Sep 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM.