HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2001, 08:34 PM
WAR
Austin, TX, USA
Joined Apr 2001
70 Posts
DR Batteries (hobby shop) in NSW, Australia

Help please.

Does anybody know anything about this shop? They have a website home.netc.net.au/~stingray/DRbatteries/
and some ready built models that look interesting (especially the Piper Cub which would be under 10oz complete). They sent me an email reply and said they would not sell to me in the US, not set-up for that.

Is there another way of buying something from them and getting it shipped to the US? I could not find these particular ready build models they carry anywhere else. Searched the entire web. DR Batteries would not reveal there source. Maybe another NSW hobby shop or someone else close could buy it and turn around and sell/ship to me here in US?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
WAR is offline Find More Posts by WAR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2001, 06:04 PM
west sydney sloper
Joined Aug 1999
76 Posts
I work just around the corner from DR but it's not a shop its a home/company. I've never bought anything from him but I've heard good things about him. So if I can help tell me how.
Michael
ANZAC BISCUT is offline Find More Posts by ANZAC BISCUT
Old Jun 15, 2001, 02:48 PM
WAR
Austin, TX, USA
Joined Apr 2001
70 Posts
Thanks Michael .

Thank goodness for at least one reply.

Is it that difficult and/or expensive to ship to the US? Could you give me a clue as to why a business would refuse to do this? Business is Business. It's not like he couldn't charge me for shipping and handling?

Maybe I could get a shipping company to pick it up from them and delivery to me in the US. I will check into that.

Once I know that I can get it here. Then I need to find out if I really want it. I don't know much about the model (Piper Cub). Maybe you could find out more about it for me?

WAR is offline Find More Posts by WAR
Old Jun 16, 2001, 12:24 AM
glen innes australia
Joined May 2001
224 Posts
DR is a reputable mail order company I have dealt with them for years. Often there are regulations specific to different countries that make on selling a problem. Also often foreign suppliers deliver with understandings that the products are to be sold only in that country. I would be very surprised that an item was not available in the states.
Regards
Bob
robertc is offline Find More Posts by robertc