HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:46 AM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
Discussion
Eflite Blade MSR

I have seen a video showing it zipping around a field and office, stating due late August. With Eflites track record, that probably means more like early October.

EFLITE FP

So far very little info on this.

I would love one of these for the back yard to screw around without fear when its too much to get to the field with my Mini Titan.

Any info, photos, pics, videos, etc- please post here. If there is already a thread I apologize, I didn't see one. Let me know and I will delete.
nyaaah!! is offline Find More Posts by nyaaah!!
Last edited by nyaaah!!; Jul 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:04 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
It's single rotor MCX. Good luck flying that in any sort of air current.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 21, 2009, 01:07 PM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
are you speculating or is what you posted based on fact? because from the quick flight vids they showed, sure doesn't look like what you're claiming...
Old Jul 21, 2009, 01:24 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Yeah, I guess you would call it speculation. But, I prefer logical deduction.
Look at the battery. It's the same one used on the MCX, or damn near the same. You've flown a Quark long enough to know how wind and air currents affect it, and it weighs almost 7 oz. What would you say that new Efilite weighs, maybe 3 oz? Maybe 1500 rpm headspeed?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 02:31 PM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
i do agree with you, no doubt. but that video has me wondering. the fff speed on that and piro rate was impressive. if they put that into production as a bnf for under $120 bucks i am sold. i have a px cessna and citabria that i dont really use, and several of the little lipos. bind up with my dx6i and i am golden. the quark is going to be sold. i will miss it, love it to death but hate flying fm with a passion. when that quark cp comes out i am on it like nobody's business.

as for the blade micro fp, for what it appears to be, as long as it has a true flybar and not silly weights (appears to be underslung so weights i doubt) and full collective control then tiny, light, wind blown or not, i will be grabbing one, maybe two. the quark is great for the basement but still a tiny bit too big. i was toying with getting a 4#3b and/or a 4g3...but i may wait for this little guy as my lhs- as much as i despise them, they stock eflite out the nose.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 02:31 PM
Joined Nov 2008
365 Posts
c'mon horizon, give us some specs. pics, teasers...pricing...actual reality release date. looking for a beta tester?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
Joined Feb 2009
146 Posts
The new Blade looks sweet and I'll most likely get one.

But it does appear to be constructed almost exactly like the mCX and looks like it uses the same battery.

I have an mCX. They weigh barely over 1 oz. around 30 grams with battery as I recall. They are VERY MUCH affected by the wind. This most likely will be very similar in both weight and how it is affected by the wind. That won't stop me from getting one though.
Tom77 is offline Find More Posts by Tom77
Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:23 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyaaah!!
the quark is great for the basement but still a tiny bit too big. i was toying with getting a 4#3b and/or a 4g3...but i may wait for this little guy as my lhs- as much as i despise them, they stock eflite out the nose.
I have seen a 4#3B with a 45 degree offset flybar that appears to be a much better flier than the standard 4#3B. I believe it is something GT Tech is marketing as an add-on. The problem with the 4#3B is it gets pretty expensive with dual brushless and a new head.

I may give this new Blade a try; but I was unhappy with some of the issues I had with my MCX, so I'm sure I won't be an early buyer.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:41 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Get a walkera 4-3B they take a right battering and you can have as much fun modding it. This is just a general assumption but there seems to be two types of people who buy the mcx which is someone who already has a similar size heli and are very much into the size of these helis and the other who dont seem to trust walkera products. Walkera have a micro coax the walkera 5G6-1 and FP the walkera 4-3B. These helis are miles ahead of eflites FP and MCX helis and I'm a bit baffled as to why some people seem to ignore walkeras heli's. Is it because eflites heli's are compatible with the DX7 etc? I have to admit the Eflite Fp does look good though! But all of the electrics are on a 5in1 board which means if one thing goes bad you got to place the whole dam thing!

Also regarding how much wind the eflite could probly take, well it probly cant take any....at all. If its anything like the MCX (which it looks like it is) then it wont be able to handle the slightest breeze. I often fly my 4-3B in my garden and because my house is on a hill it allways gets a lot of wind which is annoying. It can handle very low wind but thats about it and an ideal wind level is no wind!
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Jul 21, 2009, 04:21 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I think Walkera's past reputation and frequent upgrades to correct problems has more to do with why people dislike them. I've owned 6 Walkeras and I'm currently selling the last one. They often have good ideas, but they are usually handicapped by poor electronics and cheap components.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:04 PM
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14
I think Walkera's past reputation and frequent upgrades to correct problems has more to do with why people dislike them. I've owned 6 Walkeras and I'm currently selling the last one. They often have good ideas, but they are usually handicapped by poor electronics and cheap components.

I think that is applicable in many of walkeras old models but I dont think this is necasarilly true for all of there models. Sure the walkera 4-3 had electronic issues which were mainly the servos but they have improved on them and my newer servos have behaved like a gem. As for the 4in1 Ive never had problem with mine or any of them for that matter the only real problem was the brushed motors wore out too quickly but for the 4-3B you can get a double brushless set-up so there are no real problems now. Its not as if no heli manufacturer has full proof electronics and besides if you hate there electronics then stick in youre own electronics to replace them. Regarding the 4-3B I think walkera has really tried to tackle the things that are unreliable. In the first version the rotorhead broke so easily, now in the 4-3B since its metal it never brakes. If you are getting a double brushless 4-3B I really dont think there is much that is bad about it and there are plenty of upgraded stuff you can get to make this heli even more durable. The only thing left that could be improved is the anti-rotation bracket and the skids but they can both be modded to solve the problem.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:24 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
The video looked under-cranked to me. Also you can't tell much from 1-second clips.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:29 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Well, an another Eflite micro, I'll probably buy one. I mentioned it to the wife and she said...'You have a 4#3, what the h#11 do you want an Eflite micro?'

Well, when we have four feet of snow on the ground I'll need both to keep me amused.

Talking about micros, just picked up a couple of Sukhois today, got my DX7 programmed and wifey has the DX5 setup...

Eflite makes small real cool
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:39 PM
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
I shall be stealing the canopy for my 4-3B! thats about it!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:53 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox
Well, an another Eflite micro, I'll probably buy one. I mentioned it to the wife and she said...'You have a 4#3, what the h#11 do you want an Eflite micro?'
I think you should consider yourself lucky that your wife can pronounce "4#3" and leave it at that.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Closed Thread