HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2003, 08:08 PM
Joined Feb 2000
380 Posts
Any one else still waiting for their Multiplex transmitters?

I've been waiting a number of months now for my Profi 4000 transmitter to arrive from Multiplex USA (Royal Hobby distibutors)and was told as recently as two weeks ago that it was in and I would have it in a week. Today I found out that it is not only not in but they don't know when it will be. I then placed a call to Hitec and was told that it might be another three months (90 days) before they will have more in. So in the end if I wait another three months I will have waited like 7 months for this transmitter. Hitec also told me there is a problem with getting the 72mhz modules. Anyone know anything about this and is anyone else still waiting for their orders? Multiplex offered to refund my money and I'm wondering if I get my money back and just go buy a Futaba 9Z or JR10x.
bfraser is offline Find More Posts by bfraser
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2003, 02:39 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
Re: Any one else still waiting for their Multiplex transmitters?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernard Fraser
SNIP I'm wondering if I get my money back and just go buy a Futaba 9Z or JR10x.
I reckon you willl regret buying something else if you do not wait for the 4000.

I waited from April 2001 (when they first announced that they were launching a new transmitter) to January 2003 for my Royal EVO. I was sorely tempted to buy somethibg else but, as I had something to fly with I waited and am happy.

Suggest you hang in !
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Old Apr 09, 2003, 04:09 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,667 Posts
Get in touch with Punctilio Modelshop of Leicester, England, at www.modelspot.com. They import Mpx direct from the factory so have excellent prices, just £499 for the 4000, and they recently got permission from Mpx to sell direct to US/Canada with 72Mhz modules. First follow the link for the Evo, then you will see a link to the 4000 pages. They might have the 72mhz modules in stock. Though their website says they will sell the 4000 with scanner and 72mhz modules, double check because I am sure that Mpx never produced the scanner and channel check in 72mhz, those options are not available to those of you using 72mhz unless Mpx has suddenly started production of them.

A Tx at this level should last you the rest of your life, itís not worth rushing for the sake of a few weeks. The 4000 will blow your mind!

Harry
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Apr 09, 2003, 08:17 PM
Joined Feb 2000
380 Posts
Thanks Harry and Roryquin. I emailed Punctilio Modelshop to see if I can get my transmitter from them. The only bad thing about my getting a Profi 4000 at this place is I will likely end up paying more than I already paid to Royal Hobby Distributors.
bfraser is offline Find More Posts by bfraser
Last edited by Bernard Fraser; Apr 11, 2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2003, 08:41 PM
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Aug 2000
845 Posts
I emailed them and didn't get a reply. So I posted in the for sale forum and guess what. I now have a used 4000 and it looks brand new. Trying to program it now. I may have some questions for you Harry.

Bobby
blfinche is offline Find More Posts by blfinche