Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
Discussion
Obama Needs to 'Reset' His Presidency

This is a great read and some good advice for the man

Quote:
The president we have is very different from the man who campaigned for the office in 2008.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124779697143755743.html
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:46 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
That will never happen.

The only way that a radical Dem can get elected is to lie and then push their true agenda once in office.
Obama did nothing more than follow the SOP of his ilk.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:54 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Why are you lying about Obama having sprung all this on you? You seem to have discerned just peachy his commie interior. How dare you cry stupid?
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:34 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
Never cried stupid myself. I heard, I analyzed and new what to expect. Nothing new with this politician. Same old song and dance.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Never cried stupid myself. I heard, I analyzed and new what to expect. Nothing new with this politician. Same old song and dance.

You are exactly right. NEW, is what to expect.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:42 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2
Not better just new
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:43 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
I am constantly tickled by the catterwalling of the left about Bush, compared to how those same Lefties can't seem to get enough of the kind of meddling that they blamed Bush for.
It is such a clearly whacky construct.

One of the best examples recently is Barbara Boxer and what a racist she is, but she has no clue because it's part of her core being.
Yet, she would be the very first to accuse others of racism.

Barbara Boxer is a microcosmic example of the entire Looney Left Winger branch of the Democrat party.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
I am constantly tickled by the catterwalling of the left about Bush, compared to how those same Lefties can't seem to get enough of the kind of meddling that they blamed Bush for.
It is such a clearly whacky construct.

One of the best examples recently is Barbara Boxer and what a racist she is, but she has no clue because it's part of her core being.

Barbara Boxer is a microcosmic example of the entire Looney Left Winger branch of the Democrat party.
Is there more to it than, cuz you say so?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 09:53 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,634 Posts
Quote:
It was funny seeing her reaction to the gentlemans attack on her. "Is he serious? Doesn't he know that we're the good guys."

I believe she was condescending in her delivery to him. Acted as if she needed to illustrate to him how he should fall in line with the rest of the black community leaders and get behind the cause.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:00 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
In many ways I wish Obama was able to work with both parties more, and try and bring our country closer together. However, I do not think this is because of a lack of effort on his part.

Yes, he is a different man than the one who ran for the office. That is to be expected. The realities of running a country such as ours are significantly different from what most of us expect, including him. He is smart, but not perfect. This is true for every man who has held that office.

That Republicans are being left out of the political process, especially on the congressional level, is as much due to their own weak position, caused by their own hands, as anything that Obama has done, or might have done. Blaming him alone, while the Republican party remains largely intransigent, sounds hypocritical to me.

Eight years ago we were in an almost exact political position, only with the parties reversed, and the economy, while weak, was still much more robust than today. I wonder if the WSJ at that time expected the newly elected President Bush to reach across the aisle more and make sure Democrats were a bigger part of the political process?
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:13 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
That will never happen.

The only way that a radical Dem can get elected is to lie and then push their true agenda once in office.
Obama did nothing more than follow the SOP of his ilk.
Promised the moon then mooned us. Go figure.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:16 AM
I got too many hobbies!
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2009
51 Posts
Quote:

HAHA, there is nothing new about tyranny! Even if its a soft tyranny where the dictator does it with a smile.
BRETT65 is offline Find More Posts by BRETT65
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:18 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Soft Tyranny, I like it. Better than smooth criminal. After all, how stupid would chunky criminal be.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolladay
In many ways I wish Obama was able to work with both parties more, and try and bring our country closer together. However, I do not think this is because of a lack of effort on his part.
Rushing outrageously expensive bills through without allowing time for the Republicans to them shows a lack of effort to me. Appointing whacko cabinet members and Czars shows lack of effort to me. Lying about tax increases shows a lack of effort to me. Not providing the promises transparency shows a lack of effort to me. Allowing his minions to go after Dick Cheney shows a lack of effort to me. Turning over classified information shows a lack of effort to me.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker
Rushing outrageously expensive bills through without allowing time for the Republicans to them shows a lack of effort to me. Appointing whacko cabinet members and Czars shows lack of effort to me. Lying about tax increases shows a lack of effort to me. Not providing the promises transparency shows a lack of effort to me. Allowing his minions to go after Dick Cheney shows a lack of effort to me. Turning over classified information shows a lack of effort to me.
1) I'm sure the view looks much different from the inside-it's one thing to run for office, but another when you get in there and see what you actually have to do or can get done (and can't).
2) As always, laws and sausage are two things you don't want to watch being made.
3) We're on that part of the map that says "Here there be Dragons." NO ONE is sure what's enough or too much, what'll work right or not. We can thank our Self-Regulating Markets (tm) for ending up this way.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932