HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:13 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justj View Post
Perhaps you should think about Arizona where your drivers license doubles as a conceal carry permit! Also, here in the mountains of central Arizona we still have all 4 seasons, just not as much of the extremes. Like now I have a whole 1" of snow and by next weekend we'll be back in the 60's.
Yeah me and my guns might have to move as well to the southern states. Crazy times we live in right now!
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
We are OK here. Just too much snow keeping us busy digging out. I'm getting too old for this. Maybe I should move to PA or SC. At least there, the state won't make all of my antique guns suddenly illegal to own.
Dig out the one closest to the street and car pool? Ultimately SC would be more a sure thing, but we weren't touched by that last huricane here in central PA....Yet we have to buy Hurricane insurance.....
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:45 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
This is interesting.....
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...m-nasa-1712222
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:17 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
We are OK here. Just too much snow keeping us busy digging out. I'm getting too old for this. Maybe I should move to PA or SC. At least there, the state won't make all of my antique guns suddenly illegal to own.
A man was just in my office and he said that he had an antique gun collection and was talking about some of them would be illegal as well. Made me think of what you had said. Maybe this is federal and not state. However, when I took the class to get my CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit) the instructor did say that the carry permits varied greatly from state to state.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:34 PM
Gravity always gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,345 Posts
Pretty sure not all states have a CWP - I know Florida does and there is a big builboard on I75 warning visitors about it - we have all kinds of signs for this, against that....

I wonder what would be illegal in the antique gun collection.

So - does the CWP get forwarded to federal gov - good question.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:58 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Pretty sure not all states have a CWP - I know Florida does and there is a big builboard on I75 warning visitors about it - we have all kinds of signs for this, against that....

I wonder what would be illegal in the antique gun collection.

So - does the CWP get forwarded to federal gov - good question.
Instructor said in some states that if you get caught with a CW you'll be arrested while it is legal here, so we have to check the laws in each state we plan to enter. I assume my pemit would not apply in some states. It would be simpler if all states adopted the same rules.

Some antique guns have mag's that hold 18 or 20 rounds of ammo and I don't think that is legal. The man that I talked to today said his old guns wouldn't fire that many times consecutively anyways.

They take finger prints and I'm sure it goes into a file that can be accessed by big brother.

I told this man that the gov. was moving into the model airplane hobby as well. Is all this to protect us or take away our rights, that is the question.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:21 PM
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,345 Posts
Next thing you know, we will need to register our planes with the gov.

Sometimes I worry there is no hope for us. Once in power, almost impossible to remove.

But back to fun stuff while we still have it.

What have you been working on? I got a Skywing 48" Edge - loads of fun. Figured it was a step towards balsa, however, these may just be good enough that I will stay with them for awhile. They just released a slick, which I hope to have next.

Joined a new club, little further to drive but the three guys I met seemed to be real friendly - no scratch built stuff that I saw, but they had some foam planes - apprentice and what looked like a cub - not sure of the brand - all electric anyways.

So, maybe this weekend will get down there - been pretty windy here lately.

EAII still in great shape.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:04 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
WOW! That Skywing Edge is awesome. Is yours Red and Black trim? If I could fly as well as you I would like one for myself. Take the EAII and put on a show for da new dudes.

Yeah, the scratchbuilts don't seem to be popular with everyone. Just this group on the thread. We were going last weekend to check out a new club near my house but the weather was bad so we cancelled until next weekend. I hope your new club works out well for you.

I have what I think will be my last scratchbuilt on the workbench but never have time to finish it. The wife and I are still in the new or different house mode and it's taking much of my time. I have my eye on the Fun Cub so when I get a handle on life that may be my next foamy.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:12 AM
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,345 Posts
Those Fun Cubs looked fantastic. Saw some video it had huge tires and was taking off all kind of terrain.

My dad and I have hobbyzone supercubs, retro fitted with brushless motors. I built mine from parts - a lot cheaper that way. I also added aerilons to mine and reduced the dihedral in the wing a little. We have a ton of fun with them and on a 1300 3S we easily fly 8minutes and could probably do a little more.

And they are tough planes, easy to repair.

I believe the fun cub is a little larger - should be great.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:09 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
You may want to go fly with this King and who knows he might give you an airplane, but don't ask for a model, you'll be in divorce court.

http://www.snopes.com/sports/golf/golfclub.asp
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,345 Posts
Didn't Joe Smith fly before one of these guys? He may have a new lear jet :-)
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:12 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,662 Posts
Fun cubs rule!!!

Pop some colored LEDs on and in the foam, most cool night flyer
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:30 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Didn't Joe Smith fly before one of these guys? He may have a new lear jet :-)
:o)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:32 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Fun cubs rule!!!

Pop some colored LEDs on and in the foam, most cool night flyer
Yes sir, everyone that has one, that I've talked to can't say enough good things about them. Got to have me one and yes make it a night flyer!!!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:38 PM
RC = Drama Free
Joined Dec 2007
11,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Yes sir, everyone that has one, that I've talked to can't say enough good things about them. Got to have me one and yes make it a night flyer!!!
I already have the gear for one.... Grounded myself from purchasing any more until I finish 3 that are in line....

I did get a Blade MQX Quad. <grin>