Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,415 Posts
Is that Arron Bates? If so , I enjoy watching his video .
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Is that Arron Bates? If so , I enjoy watching his video .
Yessir... He joined our club last year. Dude has skills.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:37 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I popped it up on our Club Facebook Page, very cool pic

https://www.facebook.com/SCRCClub
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:10 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,172 Posts
How about a nother visit to Dubai?

Joes Dubai Adventure flight-3 (6 min 4 sec)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:48 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Yessir... Dude has skills.
Yessir, yessir. You're right, Mucho grande skills!
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,172 Posts
I never had seen or heard about this story, very interesting history in passanger flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_3JZ3wHlgvI
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
So i have a question? What is the fastest ellipso? I know they all fly....literally but i mean top speed wise? Well i think i may have an entry!! So its been awhile since ive posted here but im back!! I still have an ellipso aero ready for flight....now i have 2... But anyways ive held on to the i believe its the 28" version i built like 2 years ago...flew it a half dozen times then got into 3d....then jets....now i just wanna go fast!! When i flew this one made from 3mm foam and taped everything then a shiny paint job...i noticed how fast was and how long it would glide.....well i put 2 and 2 together and i just re-maidened it and holy cow....its fast!! Auw with 2100 mah 30c bat and parkzones 2200kv motor for the f27q stryker is 19.2 ozs....no landing gear yet though.....from the videos ive seen of that plane in flight.....i bet u my plane that the ea is just as fast!!
crashin is offline Find More Posts by crashin
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
I never had seen or heard about this story, very interesting history in passanger flight.
Interesting video indeed. I had seen a documentary about the Comet years ago but it was the three rudder ones and they talked about them being deadly. It made people afraid of (jet) passenger travel. It took awhile to regain the publics confidence.

Thanks for da video. I watched the whole thing.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashin View Post
So i have a question? What is the fastest ellipso? I know they all fly....literally but i mean top speed wise? Well i think i may have an entry!! So its been awhile since ive posted here but im back!! I still have an ellipso aero ready for flight....now i have 2... But anyways ive held on to the i believe its the 28" version i built like 2 years ago...flew it a half dozen times then got into 3d....then jets....now i just wanna go fast!! When i flew this one made from 3mm foam and taped everything then a shiny paint job...i noticed how fast was and how long it would glide.....well i put 2 and 2 together and i just re-maidened it and holy cow....its fast!! Auw with 2100 mah 30c bat and parkzones 2200kv motor for the f27q stryker is 19.2 ozs....no landing gear yet though.....from the videos ive seen of that plane in flight.....i bet u my plane that the ea is just as fast!!
Good to hear from you again crashin! Wow, get us a video of your EA speedster, I would love to see (and post) it on the thread.

I started a V tailed version and bought the motor etc. but never finished it. I had planned for it to be a fast EA as well.

Glad you're back!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
Hey dalton!! I never left just didnt post....i do still have the nitro aero but its in need of a new motor:-( my son has an ea as well he is starting to get into flying at 5....we flew last weekend in 10 mph wind with no problem he loves it!! Anyways back the speedster....my maiden was tailheavy as could be....i never payed much attention to the marks but it seems to be closer to the 50 percent chord range.....but got that fixed and shortened my throws so it wont be so touchy....i bet it did 2 rolls per second on low rates!! Im gonna get her back in the air hopefully in the morning....but no joke....i bet she does 85 in level flight!!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
How much would i benefit from a v tail? Now that ive flown it once...i wanna make it even faster.....i was thinkin round fuse with a mid wing and v tail.....aka the ellipso pylon racer....or that plane that passes me when im drivin down the interstate!!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
I was just taking the V tail from the Viper or the Q-500 Predator. I don't know if there is any advantage of a V tail I just like them and it would have made another version of the EA and they just look fast.

Likewise I don't know if a round fuse would make any difference.

Happy to hear little Crashin has an early interest in flying.
Last edited by DaDesign; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
As far as the round fuse goes....just tryin to reduce drag....not even gonna do an airfoil on it..gonna use speed to create lift....and this time im gonna hide servos for same reasons. Can u guess which one is my sons!!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:29 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,415 Posts
Hey Dalton, that V tail sure look sweeeeeeet !!!! And slick. Is that a foamy, or is it a balsa built ?
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55