HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:01 PM
western springs Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
32 Posts
larger plans

I just found this thread and would like to try to build the Aero. Since my eyes aren't as good as they once were, I would like to build it in a larger version. Something like a 60" to 80" wing span. Has anyone asked for plans this size? If so can you tell me the post #. Thank you very much.
Yldman 2
yldman 2 is offline Find More Posts by yldman 2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:07 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yldman 2 View Post
I just found this thread and would like to try to build the Aero. Since my eyes aren't as good as they once were, I would like to build it in a larger version. Something like a 60" to 80" wing span. Has anyone asked for plans this size? If so can you tell me the post #. Thank you very much.
Yldman 2
Here are the plans and yes there a 60". Check out page one . Dalton have some great videos also.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=2
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:12 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post

If you post plans freely and w/o license you know this sort of thing will happen. It should not be a surprise to anyone. This does not in any way detract from the primary purpose of sharing a fun and easy to build foamy with your RC friends (online or otherwise). Objectively, this type of sport flyer (simple stick, ugly stick) type plane has been done and redone in hundreds of variations by so many different manufacturers both in the USA and other countries. Although I have seen the King directly steal plans, I don't think this is one of them. A quick visit to Outerzone will reveal similar plans done much earlier.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1253
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:52 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yldman 2 View Post
Yldman 2
Post some pictures when you get her built.

Thanks for choosing this plan.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:54 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
If you post plans freely and w/o license you know this sort of thing will happen. It should not be a surprise to anyone. This does not in any way detract from the primary purpose of sharing a fun and easy to build foamy with your RC friends (online or otherwise). Objectively, this type of sport flyer (simple stick, ugly stick) type plane has been done and redone in hundreds of variations by so many different manufacturers both in the USA and other countries. Although I have seen the King directly steal plans, I don't think this is one of them. A quick visit to Outerzone will reveal similar plans done much earlier.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1253
That's a cool web site! Thanks

Yeah, any plane that has great success and fly's really well will always be duplicated.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Yeah, any plane that has great success and fly's really well will always be duplicated.
Dup happens... Duplicate the scheme.... That is getting dirty.... Dup the Companies Slogan... That is just crap!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:47 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,502 Posts
Quote:
That's a cool web site! Thanks

You will love this one from 1947:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1264
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:17 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Dup happens... Duplicate the scheme.... That is getting dirty.... Dup the Companies Slogan... That is just crap!
TRUE! They should have had enough class to think of another name. In place of "Stick" they should have named it "Stolen".
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:25 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
You will love this one from 1947:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1264
Hmmmm, this sure looks familiar, eventhough I've never seen it before. Da'ja' vu
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:56 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,502 Posts
Quote:
TRUE! They should have had enough class to think of another name. In place of "Stick" they should have named it "Stolen".
Stolen Stick... hmmm
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:37 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterysincluded View Post
stolen stick... Hmmm
lol
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,408 Posts
You wont see this every day

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ing-top-of-suv
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:17 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
The hard way to retract your gear. Actually this is called "Gear Shearing". It's very expensive though. Each time you do this it cost you an airplane and a SUV, but it get's you lots of attention.

Jokes aside, I'm glad no one was hurt or killed. I'm sure they would not have put a highway that close to the end of a runway so I wouder where the SUV came from. If they did put a road there then it was an accident waiting to happen.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:22 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,408 Posts
Quote:
The hard way to retract your gear. Actually this is called "Gear Shearing". It's very expensive though. Each time you do this it cost you an airplane and a SUV, but it get's you lots of attention.

Jokes aside, I'm glad no one was hurt or killed. I'm sure they would not have put a highway that close to the end of a runway so I wouder where the SUV came from. If they did put a road there then it was an accident waiting to happen.
4th accident at that airport in 6 weeks, some were fatal. The road has a stop sign that says.. "stop and look up"! They didnt.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:23 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Quote:
4th accident at that airport in 6 weeks, some were fatal. The road has a stop sign that says.. "stop and look up"! They didnt.
Wow!