Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:54 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalstar05 View Post
I have cut out all the parts for the Ellipso aero low wing style. I am using fan foam 2 questions should I take the paper off and is this bird put together with hot glue. Thanks for the help looking forward to fliing this puppy
I didn't take it off mine. I thought it gave more strength and hot glue is fine for a quick build. Add's a little more weight than other glues but this bird can handle the extra weight.

Post pictures of your Low Wing we would love to see it!
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:09 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
to many auto's, boats, homes, airplan----no wait a minute, let me rethink this......
I was starting to wonder about you for a second until I got to the last part .

I have a video of the EE II in the wind - did not end well - but all fixed like new again.

Just need to get time to clean it up and upload it.

Looks like it will be some time before things are "normal" again in NY. I wonder what the long term damage is from salt water - like in the subway systems.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:35 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
I was starting to wonder about you for a second until I got to the last part .

I have a video of the EE II in the wind - did not end well - but all fixed like new again.

Just need to get time to clean it up and upload it.

Looks like it will be some time before things are "normal" again in NY. I wonder what the long term damage is from salt water - like in the subway systems.
Can't wait to see the vid!!!

Good question. Salt and steel is not a good mix. However when medal is exposed to salt water over a long term then it will deteriorate but if it is cleaned up and not exposed then things should be OK don't you think?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:03 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,388 Posts
I hope it works that way. Not sure how you clean up that all up but a ton of fresh water maybe. Sure they have it figured out.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:49 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,388 Posts
Here's the video - I left the sound in so you could hear the wind. Plane handled it pretty well.

Clean break at the end - easy fix. It made me think that maybe running carbon along the edges of the fuse might add some strength, but would make it more difficult to fix probably. Grove out the exposed end (top/bottom of fuse) - so you add 4 pieces, nose to tail.

But then again, perfect like it is.

The landing around 1:12 is due to having to change batteries. The first one no longer holds a charge very well - glad I was close when it decided it was giving up.

Dumb Thumbs (3 min 8 sec)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:17 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,388 Posts
Just a couple of guys, flying around - nothing better to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=IyMGf-RcO0U#!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:26 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
I love your video, the inverted flying and the outside loops. Why hasn't this model made me that good of a pilot?

That video of the Heli rescuing the RC is cool. He just happened to see it crash and got it out of the tree. The RC poilot had to be tripping out!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Just a couple of guys, flying around - nothing better to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=IyMGf-RcO0U#!
Can;t believe it.One lucky RC guy.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:25 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Got my hands on a generator tonight. Electric company says 10-12 days before our power is restored. I tried to take a ride to my flying field today but the road was flooded... see below.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:19 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
You might get the Drongo airborn on that road. I'm glad you got a generator. That long without power and without a generator would have been grounds for a divorce at my house. Man that was a bad storm, I hate you're having to go through all that but I'm happy you and your family are OK.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:55 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,385 Posts
Hey Dalton, is this a copycat .
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...40mm_ARF_.html
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:10 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
It has to be... that is why we call the Copy King <and I dont purchase from them no longer>
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Wooo Hoooo! Power is back on. No more stone age! Now I just have to play "gas wars" and I'll be good. This will not stop me from my BBQ'ing!
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:22 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Copy? Obviously, and here is my opinion on this sort of thing.

I'm all for a good deal and competition is what has made this country great BUT when some one uses labor that they're paying two bucks an hour with no benefits (and some times, child labor) then no one in this country can compete with that. Capitalism is an economic system that is based on private ownership of the means of production and the creation of goods or services for profit. So there is no way in a free market that even a minimum wage work force can build and sale these models for this price. However, they have always said that they can take anything made in America and build it better and sale it for less. This includes automobiles to about anything else, and as long as we keep buying their products we will be jeopardizing jobs here at home. That being said, we just bought a 2012 Camry which was made in America by American workers and so many American companies are now largely owned by foreign companies. This includes American automobiles, Target, most food stores and even banks. So unless you really do your homework you want know who you're supporting.

I have bought from Copy King in the past. Will I EVER buy from them again?
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:24 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
Wooo Hoooo! Power is back on. No more stone age! Now I just have to play "gas wars" and I'll be good. This will not stop me from my BBQ'ing!
WELCOME BACK GARY!!!! Glad you got your power back on. Now you can recharge your battery's and I don't just mean your Lipo's.