USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Now here is a fantastic field

http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html

Enjoy
Incredibly amazing what man can do. To send a craft that far away and then be able to control it. Now that is the ultimate RC for sure. Wait! Did I see an Ellipso Areo in the far distance?

I did enjoy! Thanks
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:31 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
How about a scramjet??? http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te..._an_hour_.html
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
Gravity always gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,345 Posts
probably a bad servo: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-...craft-crashes/

I do not think a little bit of hot glue will work in this case..
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
43 Posts
Dalton, I am a really new user. About four minutes now. I am at the early stages of putting together a EA V.II. I am new to foam building but have one initial question. The Dow BlueCor FF does not appear to be as available as it once was. RL Adams, the new manufacturer of BluCor is no help in locating dealers in my area. Can the Owens Corning Pink FFF be substituted 1:1 for the Dow product? I have spent days looking at various sites, but have been unable to find a definitive answer. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Much appreciated.
MartinJS is offline Find More Posts by MartinJS
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinJS View Post
Dalton, I am a really new user. About four minutes now. I am at the early stages of putting together a EA V.II. I am new to foam building but have one initial question. The Dow BlueCor FF does not appear to be as available as it once was. RL Adams, the new manufacturer of BluCor is no help in locating dealers in my area. Can the Owens Corning Pink FFF be substituted 1:1 for the Dow product? I have spent days looking at various sites, but have been unable to find a definitive answer. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Much appreciated.
RCFoam.com could be a source for you, I have not bought there in a while, great service and many types of foams. I personally never took a liking to the pink panther foam, it seemed brittle but I have not messed with it in 4 years, could have changed. The Lowes Green foam is just nasty.... looking, not sure if it is any good.

OH.. Welcome to RCGroups and you came to the best thread to be starting out. Dalton is Da Man.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
43 Posts
Thanks, DaOG. Probably the only thing that has changed in four years, is that the pink foam has gotten worse. I thought the same of the Lowe's stuff as you, and I don't know enough yet to have an informed opinion. I will take another look at RCFoam. MJS
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:45 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, DaOG. Probably the only thing that has changed in four years, is that the pink foam has gotten worse. I thought the same of the Lowe's stuff as you, and I don't know enough yet to have an informed opinion. I will take another look at RCFoam. MJS
I agree with you guys on the Lowes and the HD pink stuff. You might try this foam.... http://www.modelplanefoam.com/

Thanks for da plug DaDude, I was thinking you were Da Man!

Oh! welcome to da house Martin...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
43 Posts
Two definitive no's in two hours! I did knock on the right door. I will scrape some shekels together and get some modelplanefoam to butcher. Thanks much. Sometime later, when I'm not making such a pest of myself, perhaps you all can give me the same type of answer for a motor, battery, ESC, and prop combination. It's all kind of Greek to me. Thanks, MJS
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:09 AM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,657 Posts
Quote:
Two definitive no's in two hours! I did knock on the right door. I will scrape some shekels together and get some modelplanefoam to butcher. Thanks much. Sometime later, when I'm not making such a pest of myself, perhaps you all can give me the same type of answer for a motor, battery, ESC, and prop combination. It's all kind of Greek to me. Thanks, MJS
Pest? I thought you were being very reserve. Don't be bashful with this group.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:48 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Pest? I thought you were being very reserve. Don't be bashful with this group.
So true, so true!!!!! Not only are we more than happy to help but it gives us something to do. Helping someone that is just getting started is our community service. So, ask whatever you need, no matter the simplest question. Infact I answer the simple questions and the hard one's I delegate to Ron or Bob.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Green guard foam, green FFF, is not rc foamie friendly.

Dollar tree foam. Works.
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:03 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post
Green guard foam, green FFF, is not rc foamie friendly.

Dollar tree foam. Works.
I had not thought of DT foam. Good idea!!!!
Cost friendly!
Thanks inline
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
43 Posts
Thanks very much for the suggestion, inline. Is it available in a size that would allow an EA V.II wing to be cut out in one piece? I was thinking it comes in smaller sizes, but I really never looked. I am sure the price would fit well with my Dutch heritage. MJS
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
Gravity always gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,345 Posts
I think DT is like 3' x 2' where the blue foam is around 4' long. While you may not be able to cut specific areas out in one piece, it is not too hard to piece things together - I have built wings in two pieces, glued them, still working fine.

With the V1, the wings are not the issue it is the fuse, but you could make this work. Where the lines are in the fuse is where I would make a cut. On the left side, use the front line, on the right side, use the read line. I can not remember the length of the fuse with the horz stab on it, but I am pretty sure I cut the stab out separately and glues it on later.

Print out the tiled planes, tape together, then cut each section out of the plans, leaving about 1/2 inch border, or as much as you can. Then you can lay out the various pieces to see what will need to be spliced.

I will have to see if our Lowes still has it - it was a great deal from what I remember. I still have maybe a third of it left and I had given some to my dad.

That modelplane foam looks nice - I stopped reading that thread - but remember they had good things to say about it - not as cheap as blue foam.

You will love this plane. I still have my second one and enjoy flying it a bunch.

Someday I hope to start on the falcon - now that I think of it - Dalton is probably the main reason there is a shortage of blue foam....too many designes...

Welcome to the group.

Bob
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
43 Posts
Thanks, helicow Bob. I went and looked at the DT foam. It's 20X30 just short of the 33, or so, inches that would get the bottom fuse and stab in one piece. A doubler where you suggest should take care of that. I am assuming you are talking about the foam board that has paper on both sides. If so, what glue would I use, and, is there a risk of the paper separating from the foam core?