SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:33 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
EPP is the TOUGHEST and lightest foam in the world!!!

Boys will be Boys (4 min 0 sec)
DaDesign is online now Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:46 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Love the wild wings! Bank and Yank!!!!

EPP just keeps landing on my table!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:26 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Looking Gooood!!!! I like it.

Waiting to see it fly. That'll really be a 3D machine for sure.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:23 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Ron - I have that plane and love it. It is a ton of fun. I used the hacker motor - very nice power. Other than the ESC I used the recommend parts - can not say I am thrilled with the servos. I have now replaced 3 servos because of chatter. They are fast, but when the jump all over the place, a little harder to control.

Interested in how you feel it compares to the MX2 you got.

Bob
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:49 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Ron - I have that plane and love it. It is a ton of fun. I used the hacker motor - very nice power. Other than the ESC I used the recommend parts - can not say I am thrilled with the servos. I have now replaced 3 servos because of chatter. They are fast, but when the jump all over the place, a little harder to control.

Interested in how you feel it compares to the MX2 you got.

Bob
You know Bob....I really have a distrust with the HS-55, I had no luck with the HS-50 so the purchase of an HS-45 just didnt sound like something I wanted to test. High Speed, light weight, and 13-15 dollars sounds like something to be replaced a lot.

I am going with a used 8 gram heli servo for the Ailerons and 2 Turnigy 5 gram for the tail I bought new. I am doing everything I can to get this on very light for indoor.

The MX2 is a bit bigger and heavier, I have only flown it once yesterday out back and the wind was a problem, it was a powered kite. I am going to give it a go at the indoor today, but I know its going to be a bit much for our small gym. Construction is very simular, the MX2 comes more completed since it has the Welder hinges and Carbon Fibre already installed. They however dont have the documentation nailed down and I had to provide additional Carbon to completed the kits since some of the X bracing is new.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:25 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
I did not catch the MX2 was a little larger - good to know. I have seen people say they sent their servos back to Hitec to get fixed. I attempted to contact them asking how this was done, I figured maybe a couple bucks to get them working right again might be worth it. Absolutely no response.

I have used the HTX 500/900 and not too much issues - 900 are solid, 500's I have stripped gears - my fault. I also have been using the TP SC90s - I think these are similar to the HXT900.

I think you are going to enjoy this plane. The thing I have most issues with are the recommend props. They are pretty lightweight - bend real easy, but I keep using them - sometimes out of balance after a strike.

I will have to see if my "hat" video camera still works - will try to get some video.

Flew the EA VII again yesterday. It is pretty taped up but still flies great. Someday I need to build a new fuse - I want to make the battery hatch on the bottom this time - just have not given it much thought.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:57 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Quote:
I did not catch the MX2 was a little larger - good to know. I have seen people say they sent their servos back to Hitec to get fixed. I attempted to contact them asking how this was done, I figured maybe a couple bucks to get them working right again might be worth it. Absolutely no response.

I have used the HTX 500/900 and not too much issues - 900 are solid, 500's I have stripped gears - my fault. I also have been using the TP SC90s - I think these are similar to the HXT900.
Mostly Gear sets, they strip. If you take a few old junkers apart, you will see the gear change is very easy. I have 3 Futaba micros, wait... 4 that need gears for and I have a baggy if HS-55 gears.

I held the Extra fuse up to the MX and its a bit longer and taller.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Flew the EA VII again yesterday. It is pretty taped up but still flies great. Someday I need to build a new fuse - I want to make the battery hatch on the bottom this time - just have not given it much thought.
Yeah, I have given away all my EA's with the exception of the Ellipsocub. It fly's great as well. I'm going to build another with a twist but it will be awhile. I hate being in between selling and moving on da house but maybe things will pick up now that the holidays are behind us.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
WMParkFlyers MX2 Maiden 3 (4 min 47 sec)
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:08 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
That MX2 fly's awesome! Great flying skills also. Good job Ron!
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:14 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
That MX2 fly's awesome! Great flying skills also. Good job Ron!
In this vid, AJ was flying and I did the shaking video with my phone. There was another video with me flying, I have not get that file yet.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:15 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
In this vid, AJ was flying and I did the shaking video with my phone. There was another video with me flying, I have not get that file yet.
OK, let's see da vid with you flying.

Flying Cinder Block....
http://flitetest.com/articles/flying-cinder-block/
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
I want one of these....

F-35B Ship Suitability Testing (3 min 5 sec)
!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
You already own one. You're a tax payer.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
You already own one. You're a tax payer.
True, but they will not let me fly it!!!

Taxes, unlike airplanes, go up but never come down.