SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:30 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg View Post
Hey Everyone, Long time no see. I have been flying quite a bit lately. Finally got moved into our new house. Got my work bench all set up. Now ready to build the Bipe. So my Dad and I are going to be building twin Bipes. Don't worry I will definately post some pics. Quick question for you Dalton,to get started. For the Bipe what motor is being used, is it still the 2212-13? Also do you think it would be possible to get a little pic of the battery compartment to see approximately how you did yours. One other last question is I thought I read in one of these pposts that you did carbon tube on one wing and a carbon strip on the other wing. In one of your videos it looks like the tube is on the upper wing so I am guessing the strip is on the lower wing. Is this correct. Thanks again

Tankers - Assassins of Battle
Hey Top,
Good to hear from you. Sorry it took me this long to reply but I just got home. It's my birthday and my son took me and my wife out to dinner and then gave me the best birthday gift I've ever been given. Congratulations on your new house and work shop!

Yes the same motor, 2212-13. You're correct on the CF on the wings. I just took some pictures for you.

I also included a couple for me. One of how I painted the smoke mark's on the cowling. Kool, I forgot about doing that. This is a great flying plane. I'm glad you're building it! If you need more pictures or have questions please ask. Thanks Dalton
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:31 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashin View Post
I guess I should have stated that earlier, I did plan on scratchbuilding balsa and ply. My main concern is the weight not sure which version to make. My trainer weighs almost 7 lbs. And that is ready to go but the ea I was wondering if I built the 40 inch version if it would be to much loading on the wing. I'm running an os 40 la so not a super heavy powerplant but much heavier than my outrunners. I seriously think I'm gonna try!!! Ill keep everyone posted:-)
I can't wait to see this one for sure!!!
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:12 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Hey Top,
It's my birthday and my son took me and my wife out to dinner and then gave me the best birthday gift I've ever been given.
You can not throw that out there and leave us hanging.....

By the way - happy birthday.
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
By the way - happy birthday.
Yes...+1 on what he said!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:47 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
He gave me a 1999 car that looks new.
Last edited by DaDesign; Nov 08, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:24 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
By the way, thanks so much for the Birthday wish guy's!
Last edited by DaDesign; Nov 08, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 11:11 PM
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Ok Everything is cut out for my Bipe. My dad is working on cutting out his Bipe. So we are both moving along. Took the time tonight to form the curve in my bipe fuselage and my wings are glued up. I don't have any pics of my Dad's yet those will be posted soon but here is some of mine. I will say the last EA I built was out of Dollar Tree Foam. After I got the FFF Bundle I have enjoyed building more. Everything about the FFF seems to be more durable and easy to work with. Thanks again for the info Dalton and Happy Birthday I am glad it was a good one!!

Topdawg is offline Find More Posts by Topdawg
Last edited by Topdawg; Nov 08, 2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 05:12 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
He gave me a 1999 car that looks new.
DaCar......
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:27 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
DaCar......
DaCar

He's trying to keep his Dad from getting old and that's not going to work.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:28 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg View Post
Ok Everything is cut out for my Bipe. My dad is working on cutting out his Bipe. So we are both moving along. Took the time tonight to form the curve in my bipe fuselage and my wings are glued up. I don't have any pics of my Dad's yet those will be posted soon but here is some of mine. I will say the last EA I built was out of Dollar Tree Foam. After I got the FFF Bundle I have enjoyed building more. Everything about the FFF seems to be more durable and easy to work with. Thanks again for the info Dalton and Happy Birthday I am glad it was a good one!!

Looking good Top. Thanks for letting us follow along!
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:00 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
You always look younger in an older car, or is it you feel younger
Old Nov 09, 2011, 06:39 PM
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Ok So did a quick Dry fit Looks like she will be a winner! Also glued up the rear of the fuse, and did some quick sanding on her. It's sometimes hard to see the plans and imagine what she will look like. but once all the "Little Fingers" glued together and I sanded it down it looks great and is pretty neat how it holds the same form and shape as the rest of the fuse. Also one of the photos I uploaded is two Carbon Tubes I have. The question is which size is closer to the ones used?

Topdawg is offline Find More Posts by Topdawg
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Hey Top thats a cool looking bipe!!
Happy belated birthday!!
Bluefish11 is offline Find More Posts by Bluefish11
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:23 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11 View Post
Hey Top thats a cool looking bipe!!
Happy belated birthday!!
Thanks Blue!

She's looking good Top! Thanks for posting the pictures. I did my hospital visits last night and was late getting home, didn't get on da computer, and at work now but I'll check which CF rod I used when I get home today and post it for you. It's exciting to see your progress!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:37 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Top,
The round fiber rod is 1/8" and the flat is the thickness of the foam, 3/16" to 1/4".

How much did you get done today? I wish I had time to work on mine. Daily life getting in the way for now.