HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:35 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
Hey Ron,
I'm with you and Andy. I LIKE IT!!!! Hard to shoot a Gnat. I wonder how that works, it only makes the powder explode/burst and doesn't damage the plane. Good skills on the pilot and marksmen. Thanks for posting.

I haven't tried the new RCG facelift that you and Bob tried. Mine is still on the old faithful, think I'll leave it there.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
O.K. curiosity got the best of me and I tried out the beta version. They do have the wide screen option now. I'm attached to the old but that's what I started with. Whatever.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:04 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,394 Posts
I agree - old is good.....
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:45 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
I'm trying the fluid version, I hate the fix width version, but I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it. I honestly think the original is still the best, perhaps because it's familiar...
Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:55 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,413 Posts
I am using the "Fluid beta Style" that is not fixed width and that is much better then the fixed with before. Contrast is still off with everything being "pale", almost looks like Internet explorer on a vista/win7 machine that is locked up.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:35 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,394 Posts
Does not sound like a positive endorsement Will have to try it.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:35 PM
Bloomfield. Nebraska
Joined Jun 2009
58 Posts
DaDalton.
I have my Elipso lite bipe painted and now I am waiting for the gear to arrive. It is a pretty nice looking plane, I am going to add some graphics to the plane to fancy it up a bit. I made the nose a bit longer than the plans just in case I come in tail heavy......I do that on a lot of plans...........Easier to cut off the excess than add to the fuse and better than adding weights
I will post a pic when finished, and if I get it to fly successfully. I will try to get a video up.
Thanks for the plans
Voyager
VoyagerXll is offline Find More Posts by VoyagerXll
Last edited by VoyagerXll; Oct 26, 2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot the pic
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:43 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
That's a great looking Lite Bipe Stan. I like the Red color and can't wait to see the graphics, finished pictures and video's of it flying. Is it RET only? If so you will need a much larger tail surface, both vertical and horizontal, and wing dihedral for it to fly well. This could be done very easily at this point. The nose being a bit longer is good also if you enlarge the tail surfaces.

It's possable to have the same results by making the wing shorter and/or smaller and adding dihedral. I like the RET idea so don't be afraid to make changes to make it fly well. Please build it to suit you and your style of flying.

We'll be watching!
Thanks for building and posting your EA Lite Bipe.
Dalton
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:43 PM
Bloomfield. Nebraska
Joined Jun 2009
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
That's a great looking Lite Bipe Stan. I like the Red color and can't wait to see the graphics, finished pictures and video's of it flying. Is it RET only? If so you will need a much larger tail surface, both vertical and horizontal, and wing dihedral for it to fly well. This could be done very easily at this point. The nose being a bit longer is good also if you enlarge the tail surfaces.

It's possable to have the same results by making the wing shorter and/or smaller and adding dihedral. I like the RET idea so don't be afraid to make changes to make it fly well. Please build it to suit you and your style of flying.

We'll be watching!
Thanks for building and posting your EA Lite Bipe.
Dalton
Dalton

I have decided to build according to the plans you posted. I find that I have a lot better chance of having a good flying plane if I do not modify the plans.

Waiting on the electronics to get across the pond

Thanks

Voyager
Old Oct 29, 2011, 01:25 AM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hi Voyager

Hope you get your gear soon, I'm looking forward to hearing how your bipe is going to fly.

Andy

Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phoenix 2000
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
Bloomfield. Nebraska
Joined Jun 2009
58 Posts
Andy

I ordered the gear from US vendor on Friday so it could be here by the mid of next week. I am also anxiously awaiting the maiden flight.............always gets me a bit nervous when it first leaves my hand and heads for the ground!
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:32 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Hey Voyager your bipe looks great!!
Dalton really has some cool designs, he got me hooked!!
So I couldn't stop cutting foam and found myself cutting out this big Chubby, It has a wing that's 42in.long by 12in.wide.The fuse is 30in. long by 5in. wide and 4in. tall,
The tail is 22in. wide. It flew great!! I was shocked!! the only problem is my fly time is just past a min. when I land in the video my power was gone. I need to figure out how to get more fly time, maybe someone could help what I need for something this size.
Right now I'm using a EMP N3530 1700kv with a 11/4.7 prop. 30amp esc and a 2200mah bat. anyone have any suggestions?
The photos are of the original Chubby and the Jumbo to give some idea of it's size.
Thanks again Dalton!!
Untitled (1 min 14 sec)
Bluefish11 is offline Find More Posts by Bluefish11
Old Nov 01, 2011, 11:22 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,256 Posts
WOW!!! That is one huge JUMBO Chubby and fly's great! Great job on the design and build Bluefish. I really like it! Thanks for posting.

If you parallel batteries you'll extend your flight time.
For parallel setup: Two or more batteries keeping the voltage the same, but increase run time/capacity.
You need to take two ESC connectors and solder a red (+), and a black (-) wire to each of these conectors. Attach the 2 red wires together at the other end, and attach the 2 black wires together at the other end. Now solder the 2 red wires you connected together to the red wire of the ESC. Then solder the 2 black wires you connected together to the black ESC wire.

This is found here from post #672 to #677 with pictures.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...451034&page=45
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:55 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,394 Posts
What;s the C rating of the battery? One minute seems very short
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:37 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
What;s the C rating of the battery? One minute seems very short
WAY too big of a prop for a 1700 Kv motor. 3S2000 is an 8X4 Max, maybe if it was a 2S2200 you could do a 9X5, 11X4.7 could let out the magic smoke.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy