Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:24 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
I wonder why she didn't take a picture of my model scratchbuilt shop???

http://www.remax.com/property/927034...reer-SC-29651/

If you know anyone thats movin' to SC and wants to buy a house, I'll throw in an Ellipso Aero RTF.
Wow!! Thats a baeuitful house Dalton, you wont have any problems selling that! Thats a super price too, what a kicthen and celing trays thats nice, wish I could buy it for my mom.
Bluefish11 is offline Find More Posts by Bluefish11
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:27 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11 View Post
Wow!! Thats a baeuitful house Dalton, you wont have any problems selling that! Thats a super price too, what a kicthen and celing trays thats nice, wish I could buy it for my mom.
I wish you could also.

Your mom is very lucky to have you as her son, the way you're thinking of taking care of her.

From seeing the video's you live in a beautiful place with all the ranches.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Last edited by DaDesign; Sep 01, 2011 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:39 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
I wish you could also.

Your mom is very lucky to have you as her son, the way you're thinking of taking care of her.

From seeing the video's you live in a beautiful place with all the ranches.
Thanks again,
I will post the maidien flight,
Gotta go.
Bluefish11 is offline Find More Posts by Bluefish11
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Yup, that has to be da bomb. WOW, 200 CC AJ Slick!!!! What size is the Slick you're building?

Beats watchin' people fly slow sticks for sure.
51 inch slick and my 3DHS Extra 330 SC is a 57 inch, just came in.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:22 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
51 inch slick and my 3DHS Extra 330 SC is a 57 inch, just came in.
126 inch IS huge, 10 and a half ft. Wow.

So, now you have a 57 inch Extra also. I can't keep up. Everytime I turn around you've got another one and we're not talking scratchbuilts here.

You must be the best club president ever because you sure "walk the walk". Good for you.

Got Pictures?
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 06:22 PM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
126 inch IS huge, 10 and a half ft. Wow.

So, now you have a 57 inch Extra also. I can't keep up. Everytime I turn around you've got another one and we're not talking scratchbuilts here.

You must be the best club president ever because you sure "walk the walk". Good for you.

Got Pictures?
I got this picture.... Best Club Pres????? I am sure that is never going to be an award!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:48 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I got this picture.... Best Club Pres????? I am sure that is never going to be an award!
If there were I'm sure you would get it.

My internet has been down and I got up this morning and it came up.

Talking about the giant scale planes one of the newest things at da flight field is da scratchbuilt toyhauler. One of da guys drove up with a pop-up camper that he had stripped out leaving nothing but the pop-up top and door. He had his giant scale planes in there with cup hooks on the floor and bungie cords holding them in place. It's light weight, low profile on the road and very easy to pull. It's water/rain tight when closed and with the top up you can walk all the way around it. I thought what a great idea. I wish I had taken some pictures but knowing I didn't have giant scale I passed this off quickly.

After seeing this set-up I couldn't get it out of my mind and I also noticed in this area that a lot of people that have these pop-up's abandon them. I would see them in a far off corner of the yard with grass growing tall around them so I left a note with a contact number about one and the people were more than happy to let me have the camper. Almost a give away to get it out of the yard. In fact, my son paid for it and gave it to me for a gift. I poped the top up to see if it worked and the camper is almost to good to strip down. Now it's got me thinking, do I strip it all the way down like the other guy or do something in between??? Maybe a toyhauler and camper mix!!! I can haul my models AND have a sleep over if I need it. It has A/C so if want to get in out of the sun and invite friends to relax while drinking something cool even if I don't sleep over, I could do that.

Also I'm thinking where the am I going to store this thing. It wont be at my house. My wife would kill me!!

This hobby is more of an illness than anything else. Sickness, I tellin' ya.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:57 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
I have been looking for one of these for the same reason, I have not found any at the "give away" price. I would be happy just have the axle, springs and such to build my own. There were many versions of these at the HuckFest that went from home made to 25 foot enclosed trailer with A/C, work bench, generator, lighting, music and a fridge. At least our sickness does not include a 15,000 dollar toy hauler.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:01 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
I have the enclosed trailer found here on post #6 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1038258 but my son-in-law fell in love with it and has it at his house. He hauls all the props for my grandaughter's dance competition's and I don't have the heart to take it away from them. It is way to big and heavy for me to deal with. It takes a truck to pull it and takes up a lot of space both at home and at the flight field.

The pop-up can be pulled with a small car. It doesn't take up a lot of room but it doesn't have as much room inside. That's OK with me. The pop-up is more comfortable, that is if I don't strip it down to just a trailer.

I have come up with some wild ideas but that's the scratchbuilder within me.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:22 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
I am just going to build an Enclosed trailer from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
I have the enclosed trailer found here on post #6 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1038258 but my son-in-law fell in love with it and has it at his house. He hauls all the props for my grandaughter's dance competition's and I don't have the heart to take it away from them. It is way to big and heavy for me to deal with. It takes a truck to pull it and takes up a lot of space both at home and at the flight field.

The pop-up can be pulled with a small car. It doesn't take up a lot of room but it doesn't have as much room inside. That's OK with me. The pop-up is more comfortable, that is if I don't strip it down to just a trailer.

I have come up with some wild ideas but that's the scratchbuilder within me.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2011, 07:26 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Homegrown Drones and crowd safty

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2011/...ref=technology
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2011, 08:28 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Looks like some of them were attacking the crowds.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2011, 09:27 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Yea, doesn't look good for da model hobby.

I was looking at this site and reading how some of the flight lift theroy I have been reading for years may be wrong. I did notice that a flat wing on these scratchbuilt models fly's just fine. Great in fact. NASA has taken flight to another level. Pun intended.

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/airplane/wrong1.html
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2011, 10:27 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Yea, doesn't look good for da model hobby.

I was looking at this site and reading how some of the flight lift theroy I have been reading for years may be wrong. I did notice that a flat wing on these scratchbuilt models fly's just fine. Great in fact. NASA has taken flight to another level. Pun intended.

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/airplane/wrong1.html
AMA needs to have a chat with those guys and clue them in that flying around people and down town buildings can be an issue. I think this lift theorys could go on for a long time, seems someone always doesnt see things the same.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2011, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Hi inline,
How U been? I'm still watching for a good radio system for you. The other day a guy needed some money and sold a DX6i with rec for $40 dollars at the filght field. Another pilot got his money out quicker than I could.

Now that was a deal. Were they sure it was his that he was selling.

Im doing alright. Your wife still doing well? Plan on staying in SC or going elsewhere?
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Low cost XBee/GPS plane locator plans rich smith UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 5 Feb 04, 2009 02:57 PM
Easy way to make a quick, good looking jet Tumbler Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 54 Feb 08, 2005 05:26 PM
How to build a good looking pager motor plane! gbarc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 9 Jul 04, 2004 06:09 PM