HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:30 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Hi Dalton
I finally got some stick time with the ezfly. Guess what I found out I can fly an RC had a few hard landings and some nose ins, but for the most part I surprised myself. Building a couple more ezflys one 48" and one 60" I will soon have enough confidence to take my Ellipso out for a spin. Then my dozens of other builds and maybe by next summer I will have my ARFs in the air. Sorry about taking space on your thread for this, but I wanted to let you know.
The down side is now I won't have as much time to build.
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 03:29 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Hey Larry, that is great news!! Congratulations my friend. I'm glad you're enjoying the other demension of the hobby and especially proud that you shared it here. You know that you can post anything you like here and it is my wish that you will. It's always good to hear from you. I do read other threads and the top advise you offer to others. It always helps me as well.

Is that Motorhead's ezfly?

I was in Home Depot today and looked at their FFF and they have really improved it. It is not wavy like the blue stuff at Lowes and there is no plastic film on it. I think I'll buy a pack of it.

I was flying this morning at the flight field and a lot of the pilots use "skin so soft" to keep away gnat's but one of them said that "vanilla fantasies body spray" that you can buy at Dollor General works sooo much better and is not oily like SSS. He just sprayed a little on the bill of his hat. I was on a mission to buy some of that when I went by Home Depot and went in to look at the foam. Have you heard of vanilla fantasies body spray? I was flying once and a gnat got in my eye and I crashed the plane so I was very excited to think that there is something that will keep them away. I don't know what my wife will say when I come home smelling sweet and saying "but honey, I have been flying."
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:29 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Ya it is Motorheads ezfly (not the dragon) at 200%, but made out of FFF and $tree foam. Even out of FFF it took many hard crashes to put it in the shop. Had a lot of fun. It was kind of like a simulator... crashing didn't seem to hurt it.

Was that the pink stuff at Home Depot? I don't think our Home Depot carries any FFF of any kind. Our Sutherlands had the pink OC FFF at one time. What is the name of it or a number I don't find it on HD website.

Haven't heard of that stuff, but it has to smell better and be better for you that the chemical stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Is that Motorhead's ezfly?

I was in Home Depot today and looked at their FFF and they have really improved it. It is not wavy like the blue stuff at Lowes and there is no plastic film on it. I think I'll buy a pack of it.

Have you heard of vanilla fantasies body spray?
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:22 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
I got a test flight in then made a few adjustments and here's a clip of my 2nd flight.
I ended up with a Crash but it was still fun.
My flying skills just could'nt keep up.
It was just a little too areobatic for me.
I think I will make the fuse longer and use smaller alirons.
I don't have plans but what I did was add 3/4 of an inch to your plans on all sides.
Bluefish11 is offline Find More Posts by Bluefish11
Last edited by Bluefish11; Aug 28, 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: missing clip
Old Aug 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Here's my flight.
Untitled (1 min 41 sec)
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:45 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
bounce dryer sheets are supposed to keep the bugs away...I know vinegar does but that chit stanks.

Plane looked good bluefish
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:23 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11 View Post
I got a test flight in then made a few adjustments and here's a clip of my 2nd flight.
I ended up with a Crash but it was still fun.
My flying skills just could'nt keep up.
It was just a little too areobatic for me.
I think I will make the fuse longer and use smaller alirons.
I don't have plans but what I did was add 3/4 of an inch to your plans on all sides.
Looks like it flew great Bluefish. What a nice looking plane. Sorry about the crash. I may have to draw up some plans for this one and build one myself. If I do I'll get your input on the plans.

Don't give up. The nice thing about these scratchbuilts is that it's not a lot of money to rebuild. How did you do with your J-bug?
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:27 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post
bounce dryer sheets are supposed to keep the bugs away...I know vinegar does but that chit stanks.

Plane looked good bluefish
Hi inline,
How U been? I'm still watching for a good radio system for you. The other day a guy needed some money and sold a DX6i with rec for $40 dollars at the filght field. Another pilot got his money out quicker than I could.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
Cheers everyone

Thought I would share something I got to see in person at the Ohio Huckfest. Joe be da bomb with a 104 inch Slick

3DHS 104 under the stars at King 50 pilot Joe Smith (6 min 34 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:13 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
That's what we call shuckin' da corn.

I liked the landing. Heck, I liked it all, and you got to see it in person. Some people have all da fun. Da smoke was 2kool as well.

Night flyin' 2. That's a great video. I had to watch it again.
Last edited by DaDesign; Sep 01, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:30 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,993 Posts
Quote:
That's what we call shuckin' da corn.

I liked the landing. Heck, I liked it all, and you got to see it in person. Some people have all da fun. Da smoke was 2kool as well.

Night flyin' 2. That's a great video. I had to watch it again.
If you get a chance to go to a Flying Giants Huckfest it is a blast. Having the King 50 comp <2nd year> brings the bigger names, Joe smith, RJ Gritter, Brandon Chitty, and a host of other Huckin fools. we were blown away by the entire event.

3DHS, Extreme Flight, OMP models among others there was great.

3DHS brought their new 126 inch 200 CC AJ Slick... man that plane took up some air space
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:41 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Yup, that has to be da bomb. WOW, 200 CC AJ Slick!!!! What size is the Slick you're building?

Beats watchin' people fly slow sticks for sure.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:09 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
I wonder why she didn't take a picture of my model scratchbuilt shop???

If you know anyone thats movin' to SC and wants to buy a house, I'll throw in an Ellipso Aero RTF.
Last edited by DaDesign; Sep 02, 2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:15 PM
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Looks like it flew great Bluefish. What a nice looking plane. Sorry about the crash. I may have to draw up some plans for this one and build one myself. If I do I'll get your input on the plans.

Don't give up. The nice thing about these scratchbuilts is that it's not a lot of money to rebuild. How did you do with your J-bug?
Thanks Dalton!
I did a rebuild, I used a longer fuse, smaller alirons (because of my poor flying skills) and the EA vll version wing.
That would be Great if you made plans!
My J-bug I had trouble with it would go straight up and over backwards, I'm sure I was over powering it. I had 1 nice flight about 50' the more throttle the higher it went once I slow power the nose dips and nose dive and could not recover. Also if I could fly better it would help.
Like that video. Holy Smokes! How do you learn to fly like that?
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:20 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11 View Post
Like that video. Holy Smokes! How do you learn to fly like that?
Practice, practice, practice.

I like your new EA. I like the tail!! Super kool. Color scheme is great.

Don't forget to video the maiden. Don't worry about your skills.

I look forward to seeing it fly.