HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
I looked them up, cessna 150 is a neat looking plane. I dont know anything about planes, Im fascinated with them though.

So hes thinking a cessna 150, what are you thinking?

Maybe you could add some giant servos and fly it from the ground with ya RC TX. lol

I came across this image, when I was looking at cessna images to get an idea what you were talking about.

inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:22 PM
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined May 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Both links go to the same site but I really like the motor mount. That should work just fine. You're correct about using a small prop with the higher kv rated motor. This should be fun as well.
I fixed the link check it out now.

Topdawg is offline Find More Posts by Topdawg
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:22 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleman View Post
Thanks, yeah the tabs are really convenient for quick builds. The wing gets surprisingly stiff with this design even without any CF or wood reinforcements.

Sounds like you had a good time with your son. I wish it wasn't that expensive to get the pilot license for full scale...
Yeah, I was looking at some old tickets from 1973 and I was paying $15.00 an hour to rent a plane for solo flight and if I remember correctly it was $20.00 an hour with an instructor. For every five hours flight I was paying $100.00 and my family could not understand why I was spending "ALL THAT MONEY" for flying lessons. I needed 40 hours to get my pilots lic. and about 10 hours was with an instructor and 30 solo. That would mean it would have cost about $450.00 to maybe $500.00. A lot of money in that day. I should have bought an airplane which I could have bought for about double that and got my private Lic. and then sold the plane but I didn't have $1000.00. You could buy a house for not much more than that and for some reason everyone thought I should be buying a house. The first plane I bought was in almost new condition for $2500.00. I flew it for a year, logged many hours and sold it for $2500.00. We flew for a couple hours yesterday and my son paid them well over $200.00. I didn't ask because it was a gift but it was a lot.

I can't wait to see how well your EllipsoCub fly's. Yeap, I may have to build one of them also.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:26 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post

So hes thinking a cessna 150, what are you thinking?
I'm thinking of talking him out of buying a plane.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:29 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg View Post
I fixed the link check it out now.

6X4 prop sounds good, I wonder if the motor mount is 3" or more high?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,190 Posts
I have several hours in a Cessna 152 Aerobat, 172 SkyHawk, Cessna 206, a 210 at the age of 16-17. Fuel now is over 5.50 a gal for 100/100 low lead, the industry of private planes is not in the best shape with the economy. Now you can get your private ticket <with limits> in only 20 hours.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:51 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have several hours in a Cessna 152 Aerobat, 172 SkyHawk, Cessna 206, a 210 at the age of 16-17. Fuel now is over 5.50 a gal for 100/100 low lead, the industry of private planes is not in the best shape with the economy. Now you can get your private ticket <with limits> in only 20 hours.
I think they're trying to make a genuine effort to keep the private pilot industry alive. After the 911 thing they had so many regulations plus the economy that it all but finished the private pilot business. Most, like myself, felt that it was no longer a working mans sport. Those that really wanted to fly went to the ultralite planes or RC planes and the loss of income to the FBO's (fixed base operators) put so many of them out of business. They were very helpful in getting me signed off in hope's that I'll spend some money. Now if I only had some money....
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:09 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,428 Posts
Finally finish

Well I finally finish my EA clip wing with a KFm2 wing. I did a rubber band wing mount . Added some air intake ( plastic spoon ) on both side of the fuselage to help keep my ESC and battery cool. Used the PT-19 paint schemed. Maybe I can maiden her Sat. morning before its gets hot.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:50 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Wow Buddy! What a beauty!

I like the paint scheme, air scoops and wing mount with rubber bands. Very very nice!

You did a good job building your EA. Looks Great.

I can't wait to see her fly. Take a video and post it if you can.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:14 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2011
111 Posts
man, all these planes getting finished really makes me wanna get mine done. Just need to get a couple servo extensions and she's ready to maiden. It's all built and just waiting. Thinking I may try and move the rudduer and elevator servos and try to avoid extensions, as there a little pricey and my lhs is out of the size I need right now.
Gmoney97lgt is offline Find More Posts by Gmoney97lgt
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney97lgt View Post
man, all these planes getting finished really makes me wanna get mine done. Just need to get a couple servo extensions and she's ready to maiden. It's all built and just waiting. Thinking I may try and move the rudduer and elevator servos and try to avoid extensions, as there a little pricey and my lhs is out of the size I need right now.
Hey Gmo,
I don't think you've posted a picture of your EA. Let's see what she looks like.

How did your repairs go? Good I hope.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:54 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,392 Posts
Off subject a little, but have you noticed that way pictures are displayed is a little different lately?

The big issue is now I can not read any text that is placed below the picture.

Going to have to check to see if there is some setting to get the old way back.
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:16 AM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
That is the one thing about the new photo display that bugs me. I do like the feature of being able to see all of the pics displayed as thumbnails when you click on the "pics in thread" link. In this mode you can see the caption/description when you pass the mouse over the thumbnail image.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:48 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Well I finally finish my EA clip wing with a KFm2 wing. I did a rubber band wing mount . Added some air intake ( plastic spoon ) on both side of the fuselage to help keep my ESC and battery cool. Used the PT-19 paint schemed. Maybe I can maiden her Sat. morning before its gets hot.
Is that a 2212-6 motor?
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:48 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Off subject a little, but have you noticed that way pictures are displayed is a little different lately?

The big issue is now I can not read any text that is placed below the picture.

Going to have to check to see if there is some setting to get the old way back.
You can still view images the old way by going to "My RCGroups", then go to "edit options" in the attachments section and check "Use old attachment browser to browse attachments within a thread."