SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:57 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,477 Posts
Bad rx

Found my problem for my Cub crash. Bad rx . Took the RX out of my Cub and install it in my p-51, it shut down 2:42 min. into the flight. After resetting the throttle 3 time, it responded and I landed her. Put the original RX back in the p-51 and ran 4 batteries with no problem.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:23 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Found my problem for my Cub crash. Bad rx . Took the RX out of my Cub and install it in my p-51, it shut down 2:42 min. into the flight. After resetting the throttle 3 time, it responded and I landed her. Put the original RX back in the p-51 and ran 4 batteries with no problem.
I glad you found it before you crashed anymore planes.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:24 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Bob,
I always keep my LG's and reuse them when possible. Is your Dad still flying with ya?
Yes, but it has been a little while. He has some other things he was dealing with, but hope to be out there again. I was just talking to him about flapperons/spoilerons on his Apprentice. That plane will just not land, it keeps going and going......and we do not have the longest field....

The trees will finally stop it, but we hope to not rely on them :-)
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:26 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Top, I have never tried the axles, but they may work fine. I found boths, washers and nuts, with a little CA worked for me.

But want daDesign recommend is always the way to go here.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:29 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
Top, I have never tried the axles, but they may work fine. I found boths, washers and nuts, with a little CA worked for me.

But want daDesign recommend is always the way to go here.
NO, I learn from all of you and we learn from each other. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all you guys.

I looked in my stock and found these. I'm like Bob, I've not used these but they look great. I think they may be a little more heavy than what I've been doing but I may have to try them.

I had a wonderful Hobby Shop near my work, I shopped there often and I made friends with the owner but sad to say he went out of business. Something to do with the lease agreement. So I bought his stock. The whole Hobby Shop. I don't even know what all I have. I have it inventoried by the stock numbers so I can go right to whatever I have but a lot of it is stock that I'll never use.
Last edited by DaDesign; Jun 02, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
So I bought his stock. The whole Hobby Shop. I don't even know what all I have.

Like, RTF planes too?
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:27 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post
Like, RTF planes too?
No, by the time he had his "Going out of business" sale (People buying stuff for 75% off, kind of thing) all the planes, transmitters, etc., and good stuff were gone. He made me an offer on all the "Left-over" stock after he finely closed the doors for the last time and it was mostly things like the above. Ron told me not to buy it because I would have stock that I would never use and it would just fill up my shop but I didn't listen.

Now I've got to have a yard sale in the classifieds but may never get around to it.

It is kind of neat to build now and have all the things on peg boards that makes you think "How to build".
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:44 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
so no motors/esc/props or rx's or servos?

Im sure it does feel neat to have all those often overlooked items around, open up the creativity of future builds...like pylon racers.
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:28 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
What are your thoughts on this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1255751
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:18 PM
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Heli, Very interesting stuff. I know LiPo's are dangerous though I would be worried sopmething could be hooked up wrong and "BANG" there goes the shop! The principle is simple enough though.

Also I need all da guys help on something. Still surfing on trying to find some FFF. I think I found it about 45 minutes away, and only one store. If I remember right it is the same stuff but I want to make sure before I make arrangements to go get it. Here is the link can anyone confirm or deny that this is Da Stuff?

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stor...d=1009775&cId=

Topdawg is offline Find More Posts by Topdawg
Old Jun 03, 2011, 09:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg View Post
Heli, Very interesting stuff. I know LiPo's are dangerous though I would be worried sopmething could be hooked up wrong and "BANG" there goes the shop! The principle is simple enough though.

Also I need all da guys help on something. Still surfing on trying to find some FFF. I think I found it about 45 minutes away, and only one store. If I remember right it is the same stuff but I want to make sure before I make arrangements to go get it. Here is the link can anyone confirm or deny that this is Da Stuff?

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stor...d=1009775&cId=

That is the stuff, it is getting very hard to find since Lowes went to the Green Stuff
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:25 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Our Lowes has a ton of it - apparently they did not get that memo :-)
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:33 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
Quote:
Our Lowes has a ton of it - apparently they did not get that memo :-)
That is not a bad memo to miss. The Green stuff is nasty.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:45 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
I have a habit of stocking up and I have a couple of FFF bundles. I thought of buying more but don't have the room for it.

Full scale airshow in Hendersonville NC today. I'm going today to check it out. I've been going for the last several years. They had flying RC models a few years ago but must have thought it was not a good idea so now they have RC model displays in one of the hangers. It's a cool show. Reminds me of the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome with all the old antique airplanes and the grass runway etc. Lots of old timers telling tall tales.
Old Jun 04, 2011, 06:55 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
This is interesting http://www.hendersonvilleairport.com/
The photo is updated minute by minute so if you want to see some nice airplanes, old biplanes etc., just put the link on your phone and follow along today.