HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2011, 08:24 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
Hey Ron,
The zip progrom you send me works! Check out the simple spread sheet I use to inventory my hobby stock posted here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=220168
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2011, 09:40 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Hey Ron,
The zip progrom you send me works! Check out the simple spread sheet I use to inventory my hobby stock posted here...
It is a dandy program, I have been using it for about 6 years now. It is "corp" free meaning it can be installed on computers at schools and buisnesses as a free version. WinZip and such are only free for home personal use.

That spread sheet just proves you are as sick as me, needing to track inventory. 8) I really should do that, I keep buying stuff I already have.

The Rare Bear, it was nice having everything in stock, even the motor mount was pre drill for my X Mount motor, Sweet!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 07, 2011, 10:20 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

That spread sheet just proves you are as sick as me, needing to track inventory. 8) I really should do that, I keep buying stuff I already have.

The Rare Bear, it was nice having everything in stock, even the motor mount was pre drill for my X Mount motor, Sweet!
Yup, sick for sure. Buying stuff I already have is a huge problem for me. This spread sheet should help with dat.

Tracking the Rare Bear build you're doing. That plane looks really sweet!
Old May 07, 2011, 02:53 PM
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Trollhättan
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
I haved glanced at the Ellipso thread for a while and now I have finished my first build. However, I could not leave good enough alone and had to make some adjustments. I present to you the EllipsoCub!

I used the J3 Cub wing, horisontal and vertical stabilizer planform together with the EllipsoAero fuse.
kalleman is offline Find More Posts by kalleman
Old May 07, 2011, 03:03 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleman View Post
I haved glanced at the Ellipso thread for a while and now I have finished my first build. However, I could not leave good enough alone and had to make some adjustments. I present to you the EllipsoCub!

I used the J3 Cub wing, horisontal and vertical stabilizer planform together with the EllipsoAero fuse.
Wow Kalleman!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! What a cool looking EllipsoCub!!!! Wow again.

Very nice looking plane. Have you flown it yet?
Old May 07, 2011, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
Thanks, yes I flew it this morning and it flew just perfect. Even when the wind had picked up a bit. Auw is 270gram, 85cm wingspan. Turnigy 2730 1500kv and a 2S lipo.
Old May 07, 2011, 04:44 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, yes I flew it this morning and it flew just perfect. Even when the wind had picked up a bit. Auw is 270gram, 85cm wingspan. Turnigy 2730 1500kv and a 2S lipo.
Great! I'm glad to hear it fly's so well, any chance of a video of it flying?
Old May 07, 2011, 05:21 PM
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
No video today, I might get some tomorrow if there's someone at the field to handle the camera.
Old May 07, 2011, 06:14 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
I hope so. I look forward to seeing it in the air!!! Thanks

I've got it on the first page.
Old May 09, 2011, 05:03 AM
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
Video is secured! Did'nt have a cameraman, but it worked anyway. I'll cut and upload the video this evening. Stay tuned
Old May 09, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
When Youtube is finished processing the clip from yesterdays flight is available here:
EllipsoCub (3 min 35 sec)
Old May 09, 2011, 04:47 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
She fly's great Jan. Great pilot skills and catch at the end. Good entertainment!

It handles the wind nicely. I got to have me one of these to go with the others.

Thanks for posting the video. Very nice modification indeed. I'm glad you built and posted it for us to enjoy. Yes sir, I think I'll be building an EllipsoCub myself. I may have to go with cub yellow with the black lighting bolt.

I've got so much going it may be a little while so stay tuned for the up-coming EC.

Great job Jan. I'm glad you're enjoying your EllipsoCub and it looks like you have a great place to fly. Continue to chat along with us. I noticed that you have been a member of RCG for some time now.
Old May 10, 2011, 02:32 AM
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
Thanks alot! I enjoyed flying it alot and the hand-catch landing is really simple when flying into the wind as the plane slows down alot. We've had alot of wind lately and most of my planes are small foamies so I've had alot of practice on this particular landing style. And editing the video also meant cutting out the catch that didn't go as well as this one

Since I have a Phlatprinter, I made plans for the EllipsoCub in Sketchup. Do you mind if I post the sketchup plans here? I'm also working on making interlocking tabs to assist in the assembly and alignment of the fuselage.
Old May 10, 2011, 08:39 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Thanks alot! I enjoyed flying it alot and the hand-catch landing is really simple when flying into the wind as the plane slows down alot. We've had alot of wind lately and most of my planes are small foamies so I've had alot of practice on this particular landing style. And editing the video also meant cutting out the catch that didn't go as well as this one

Since I have a Phlatprinter, I made plans for the EllipsoCub in Sketchup. Do you mind if I post the sketchup plans here? I'm also working on making interlocking tabs to assist in the assembly and alignment of the fuselage.
Please do! That would be so cool and I'll put the plans on the first page. I know that there will be more people that would like to build one, like myself.

The tabs is a great idea and will help speed up the assembly!
Old May 11, 2011, 01:52 AM
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
EllipsoCub plans

I have not had the time to prepare tabbed plans so here are the Sketchup plans I used for the EllipsoCub. Current wingspan is 85cm. I don't know how to make PDF from sketchup so if anyone want's to do that, feel free!

/Jan