SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,325 Posts
I have hit things with hammers before.....

http://vimeo.com/14169496
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:41 PM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,502 Posts
The judge's gavel has the last word.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:47 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Inline - this is pretty close to what you are looking for. Looks like there may be one left.

10 Gram 2000KV Brushless Motor $12 Shipped

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1339569
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:21 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Ill look into those. says 2s suggested wonder if thats the limit.\

found a few older threads, where folks were doing 10g speed contests but the links to what they used are dead and they didnt mention the motor specifically. haha
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:07 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have hit things with hammers before.....

http://vimeo.com/14169496
Binding to a hammer.

From henceforth ye shall be known as DaHammerBinder.
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:11 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Hey Kid at 55,
Did you get your radio back yet?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:46 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post
Ill look into those. says 2s suggested wonder if thats the limit.\

found a few older threads, where folks were doing 10g speed contests but the links to what they used are dead and they didnt mention the motor specifically. haha
This is even smaller and will take less input voltage, they are only good for 70 ish watts and thrust is only about 90 grams. Anything over 2S will let out the magic smoke....
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:56 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
What do you suggest?

Im just trying to cut weight. I was using a rctimer 2212-6 it was 2200kv 50g.

6x4 prop, I hit 92 mph. I think I was using a 3s20c1500mah battery. Motor got warm to hot, and I think I needed to increase the C rating of the battery for sure.

That would be fine now, but Im wanting a smaller airframe. and I doubt the actual weight of the airframe will make any significant weight difference.

I am planning on adding some sort of coating, glass like.

I have one eye on the thundercat, another eye on what dalton might find at his rc event, and another eye on the possibility of just making my own setup again...and having trouble listening to the inner voice saying, dont do it. lol

Thought about getting a bare stryker wing for like 20 bucks, and cutting something out of that, suprised noone has done that. Decent foam, and the basic airfoil would be there. But I dunno.
Last edited by inline300; Mar 24, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,325 Posts
Quote:
What do you suggest?

Im just trying to cut weight. I was using a rctimer 2212-6 it was 2200kv 50g.

6x4 prop, I hit 92 mph. I think I was using a 3s20c1500mah battery. Motor got warm to hot, and I think I needed to increase the C rating of the battery for sure.
Remember, there are many things that create heat and heat indicates inefficencies. This lends its self to shorter flight times and shorter life of all the parts. Increasing the C Rating may give you more power, heat, and magic smoke.
The motor you mentions says 30 amp esc and 342 Watts Output
3S lipo as 11.7 volts times 30 amps = 352 Watts <11.7X30=352>
Specs on these motors are never 100% nor is the consistancy of the winds. A Watt meter is your best friend when wanting max power without smoking the parts.

This motor can safely run 25 amp for long periods of time, the 30 amp esc requirement is to give room for spikes, I doubt that motor would like 30 amp constant.

Sadly, there is no way to cut weight and gain our even maintain performance. Weight Cuts would have to come from the chassis.

Quote:
That would be fine now, but Im wanting a smaller airframe. and I doubt the actual weight of the airframe will make any significant weight difference.

I am planning on adding some sort of coating, glass like.

I have one eye on the thundercat, another eye on what dalton might find at his rc event, and another eye on the possibility of just making my own setup again...and having trouble listening to the inner voice saying, dont do it. lol

Thought about getting a bare stryker wing for like 20 bucks, and cutting something out of that, suprised noone has done that. Decent foam, and the basic airfoil would be there. But I dunno.
I would think you are right and people have done this, you may want to google and rcg search "Stryker Mods" and see what is out there.

Its all about finding the balance.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:34 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,325 Posts
Knock Offs

From the for sale section a user posted........

" now the bad news horizon has started levying penalties on sellers of any type of dsm2 rx now even the ones that are not labeled spektrum like those i sell, i have been sanctioned on ebay already but today i received a notice from paypal asking me to send in a unit to see if it qualify as counterfeit which it does not. i plan on fighting their ruling if its considered a fake since nowhere does it say spektrum

im proud to say these are not spektrum rx because id have to charge you 50 for same unit!!!! "
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Just another nail in the coffin for HH. Must be under new management.

I understand the ones that say Spektrum and are obviously knock offs, but here is another case of the customer being penalized because of sellers.

I suggest HH state that from now on....I have enough rxs, will never buy another one. Some day I may sell all my Spektrum equipment and move to something a little cheaper in the long run.

You should read the Carbon Z YAK threads. These are now coming whit faulty $35.00 servos and it seems if you buy a replacement, they are also faulty. There are movies reading this, many cases of totally destroyed $400 planes.

I have been fortunate, but now I am very leary and am looking at replacing all these servos with the suggested Hitec.

I wrote a "rant", actually an opinion, that all we ever hear is how good their service department is. They send us free replacements, etc..well, I feel I would rather say HH is a great product..I realize electronics can have issues, but this is documented proof and nowhere is HH chiming in.

I like my CZ, and will probably by new parts when and if they ever get in stock, so I can hide those learning scars, but may never again but a plane from them. Looking at going balsa - 3DHS Slick.......That will be a learning experience...

Sorry for the rant, just how I feel.
helicow is online now Find More Posts by helicow
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
I was talking about cutting the grass just a couple days ago.......now they talking about more snow flurries. crazy.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:09 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
I understand the ones that say Spektrum and are obviously knock offs, but here is another case of the customer being penalized because of sellers..
I said it when these came out and I will say it again...

Spektrum had a know problem at large event, having lockout issues and such with the DSM2. The "spektrum" mark look a likes are really specktrum, that they <china> was off loading the product since a change was going to have to happen.
I wasnt sure if they were going to go FHSS like JR did abroad or something else. Sure enough, the came out with DSM2X on the DX8 <it had issues at first> and they are selling upgrades for certain radios to DSM2X for $75 bucks. They are backwards compatable with DSM2 RXs BUT unless you have the DSM2X RX, the process is not working to prevent lockouts.
To me... The China folks got stuck with an overstock and started selling what where claimed clones to recoop costs <dont blame them> since Horizon would not want more on their shelves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
You should read the Carbon Z YAK threads. These are now coming whit faulty $35.00 servos and it seems if you buy a replacement, they are also faulty. There are movies reading this, many cases of totally destroyed $400 planes.
Sorry for the rant, just how I feel.
That thing is an over price Park Zone Typhoon with bracing and cheap parts.... Dang.... Did I say that out loud? Sorry to hear about your loss of cash, I really got a bad feeling about that plane when it came out.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:08 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Hey Kid at 55,
Did you get your radio back yet?
Not yet. Horizon report show waiting for part.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Here is an inflight video with good aerobatics by jdltuna....

Ellipso 8_7_10.AVI (2 min 11 sec)