HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
what do you have? Be content with just the electronics. Perhaps.
maybe shipping wouldnt be too bad...lol
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:00 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Went to a in door fly-in last night. Turn on my dx6i and have no aileron response . Check monitor and it's going crazy . Packing it up for service. No fly time for a while.
Well got a E-mail from HORIZON today. Working on my problem . Talk about cutting it close, my warranty run out tomorrow .
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post
what do you have? Be content with just the electronics. Perhaps.
maybe shipping wouldnt be too bad...lol
I was looking at moving some planes out of my way with the electronics.

I have a RTF GP Sillohette 48 inch, flys great <killer knife edge>
a 32" Hobby Lobby Jack Knife RTF <balsa profile fun fly> that is a great little flyer.

I have a Multiplex Magster that was brushed I am covering to brushless. <Foam 60 inch High Wing>

Those are on the top of the pile and DIRT cheap, just not shipping friendly.

I got all kinds of parts, but you got to be a tad more specific to what you are looking for.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
I need everything.

I dont really know what I need.

battery/esc/motor prop
couple 2.5g servos perhaps
battery charger.
fm rx

I just wanna put together a smallish delta setup, pusher. Something mini sized.

Like to hit 50-60 mph, be content with a little slower.

I know what design I want to make, and I can size it to fit the electronics, if they are more for a parkflyer.

I do have a FM TX. But other than that, I got nothing. lol

Now if I had cash to blow...Id take this
http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=13902
Last edited by inline300; Mar 18, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:21 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:

Now if I had cash to blow...Id take this
http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...D&ProdID=13902
Nice!
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:23 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Well got a E-mail from HORIZON today. Working on my problem . Talk about cutting it close, my warranty run out tomorrow .
WOW! Now that is cutting it close.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Think I fell in love with a red devil.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1902.html

think that price is with a 2.4ghz transmitter and claims 2000ft range.

Its a little bit pricier than I was wanting but its exactly what I want. lol

Looks dimensionally alot like the parkzone stryker, and Id imagine, would glide pretty good, and haul some a$$.

What do you fellers think?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:14 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Think I fell in love with a red devil.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1902.html

think that price is with a 2.4ghz transmitter and claims 2000ft range.

Its a little bit pricier than I was wanting but its exactly what I want. lol

Looks dimensionally alot like the parkzone stryker, and Id imagine, would glide pretty good, and haul some a$$.

What do you fellers think?
I have seen many of Pete's review videos, he NEVER seems to use the stock transmitter. You only get $15 credit to remove the factory 2.4 TX and RX... How good could it be..... Not shipping until mid April.

I took off the Transmitter and Lipo and the price is $109.00 plus shipping.

I have MANY 3S2200 Lipo batteries and none of them are the sixe of the battery he put in it for the flight demo, even though he said it was stock, I have wonder if that was a 4S2200 for a bit more zip during the demo.

I would put my own 2.4 in it, not a good place for a 72 unless you have the short load antenna <I have 3>.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
My problem is I dont know crap about electronics, in the sense of what will play well together, Ive read a billion threads and nothing stuck. lol

That plane looks alot like the stryker lyke planes I was making, I know it takes hardly any effort to make the airframe....guess I could copy what they are using, and see what HK wants for the electronics.

I wonder if the TX they supply is anything like the 2.4ghz turborix or HK transmitters that sell for like 30 for the TX and RX, people claim they are decent?

I wont use an FM anything around here anymore, im just not taking the chance. Im comfortable using it with something small and not going too far away but with something like that, no way.

What I like about that, is no prop to worry about breaking. And after slicin my knee up pretty good due to a faulty esc, no exposed blade to worry about. lol

There needs to be an EDF ellipso.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:07 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
My problem is I dont know crap about electronics, in the sense of what will play well together, Ive read a billion threads and nothing stuck. lol

There needs to be an EDF ellipso.
If you dont know much about electronics, this would be a good solution for you since it is already laid out of you. It is hard to build a performance EDF if you are not using an airfoil wing <symetrical> to get the stability. Even harder to mix parts and try to build yourself, it just adds to the frustration. Purchasing something like this will get you flying and familar with the electronics. If something burns up or you want to up grade, then you can start messing with learning more about electronics.

Remember that you also have to have a radio that is able to perform mixing for the Elevons.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Youd think there would be more package deals, like esc/motor/prop/battery. Couple companies do that, even then, few options.

Shipping for the red devil is 40 bucks. Puts the rtf at 190, guess its still better than the C series stryker at 249 + shipping. Although a couple companies only charge 20 to ship it. Think some companies actually offer free shipping on the stryker, with a small oversize fee. I checked, to kinda compare what reasonable shipping might be.

Dalton hasnt commented on it, hes probably just silently waiting for me to stop posting off topic crap in his thread. Im an orphan, got nowhere else to go.

Now you fellers tell me how this idea strikes ya. I seen this ad:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409610

Now thats simillar power system to the thundercat, thinking, Id offer him 100 shipped. Now I could find some dang foam and make a wing and transfer the goodies, once I destroy that one.

Now noone reading this can buy that jet unless I dont, lets use the honor system here...lol...J/K...

I mean hell, it comes with an extra battery, tx/rx. Too good to be true?
Last edited by inline300; Mar 20, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Youd think there would be more package deals, like esc/motor/prop/battery. Couple companies do that, even then, few options.

Shipping for the red devil is 40 bucks. Puts the rtf at 190, guess its still better than the C series stryker at 249 + shipping. Although a couple companies only charge 20 to ship it. Think some companies actually offer free shipping on the stryker, with a small oversize fee. I checked, to kinda compare what reasonable shipping might be.

Dalton hasnt commented on it, hes probably just silently waiting for me to stop posting off topic crap in his thread. Im an orphan, got nowhere else to go.

Now you fellers tell me how this idea strikes ya. I seen this ad:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409610

Now thats simillar power system to the thundercat, thinking, Id offer him 100 shipped. Now I could find some dang foam and make a wing and transfer the goodies, once I destroy that one.

Now noone reading this can buy that jet unless I dont, lets use the honor system here...lol...J/K...

I mean hell, it comes with an extra battery, tx/rx. Too good to be true?
That one is going to take more stick skills, I am not sure it will be as near forgiving at the Delta.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:29 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Post away, I enjoy all discussion's on models.

I'm just not good at answering questions like Ron, he's our man, but I do enjoy learning from everyone. So keep ooon posting.

Again, my eyesite is not good enough to see models once they get far away so I'm not good with the fast planes. They get far away quick, but I do like the EDF ThunderCat you're looking at and I really like the looks of it. That thing is coool!!! If I could fly that one I would order me one of those, however I know that I would loose it on the first flight.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:02 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Now I seen you fly the VII video and I think you could handle the thundercat no problem.

I spent sometime trying to put together an RTF package using either the stryker and funjet bare airframe.....seems like no matter how I went to skin that cat, it still ends up about the same money as the thundercat....and thats assembled and ready to go. I even looked at the jump jet and JeTiger, which are the same basic airframe as the thundercat, still came up to about the same.

So much for elcheapo luck. lol
Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:34 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,255 Posts
Maybe to "bite the bullet" or "suffer da pain" and buy the ThunderCat is da best way to go. Da pain only last a short time but da enjoyment afterwards last a looong time. I say get it!