SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2010, 11:32 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
I have 3 of the 72mhz GWS RX's that work <not sure I have any Xtals on your freq. I would take 15 Shipped for all 3.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2010, 04:19 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
I flew it today, its hands down the most stable one yet, I guess its due to an actual airfoil...it glides real nice but alot faster than the flat wing version Id been making...so its a good idea to have a nice long landing strip.

I learned the hard way...aka nose dive into mother earth that I need an RX not just an antenna wire.

Luckily, this thing is built like a tank and took it with minor damage, nothing that cant be easily fixed.

If anyone has a decent 72mhz receiver, something used but working....ideally on channel 52 but Ill take what I can get.....I can trade...moneys tight right now, even on a couple dollar item...but I can trade....I have a aerowind 1200kv motor that is hardly used, the first one burnt up on me due to improper data on the sellers website, so they sent me a new one, at the same time I got into faster planes, so I might have put a couple flights on it before the 2200kv motor arrived. I actually tested it this morning on my new stryker, it works fine, I just need more KV.

Its getting to the point where Im tired of buying this dang electronics...if I cant trade for something, I may just put everything up for sale and find a different hobby...so I can complain about it...lol
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Last edited by inline300; Apr 04, 2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 04:29 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I have 3 of the 72mhz GWS RX's that work <not sure I have any Xtals on your freq. I would take 15 Shipped for all 3.
How much for one? Think id have any issues with using it for elevon/ vtail mixing?
Old Apr 04, 2010, 04:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline300 View Post
How much for one? Think id have any issues with using it for elevon/ vtail mixing?
They are just the standard micro 4 channel, as long as your plane only has 3 servos, the TX can mix all it wants. I would rather move them all at one time, been thinking about posting them on RCG.

Whats the specs on that motor?
Old Apr 04, 2010, 04:40 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
its 1200kv, my mistake.

would you have a tx crystal that might work with a parkzone ZX-10TX?

its another 10+ shipping hit to get a crystal for the TX, stanks....my TX uses channel 52 now.

the motor specs are on this page, its the AW 2215/20

http://blackdogrc.com/blackdogrc/bru....jsp#AW2215-20

I dont have the prop saver that came with it, I put another style on it, one that lets the prop flex but I can throw that in..I may even have a prop or two to go with it, have to check.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 04:47 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
Quote:
its 1200kv, my mistake.

would you have a tx crystal that might work with a parkzone ZX-10TX?

its another 10+ shipping hit to get a crystal for the TX, stanks....my TX uses channel 52 now.
You never want to change a Xtal on a TX, that requires factory re-tuning. A local buddy is all 52 so any Xtals I would have had went to him.

That motor really is not going to fit anything I need.

The GWS RX uses a GWS or a Castle Creations Berg Xtals, if you have a local LHS you could get them there and skip the shipping. The Bergs <all I buy> are around 6-7 dollars for the Xtal.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 09:55 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,247 Posts
inline,
I checked my inventory and I don't have any 72 mhz radio gear at all. I have only 2 friends that still fly with it and they don't have anything to sale. Hopefully You can trade with Ron, if not, look on ebay or the trading section of RCG. Don't drop out on the hobby, you enjoy it to much!
DaDesign is online now Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Apr 05, 2010, 06:25 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Thanks for checking Dalton much appreciated.

DaOldGuy...yeah...no local LHS. Thanks though.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Any of ye fellers use a Futaba R114F 4ch micro receiver?

Found one on my channel and an even up trade...the advertised 600ft range concerns me (this is for my stryker lyke) but allegedly its capable of a wee bit more...if anyone will find out its limitations aka via hard landing...it'd be me...guess I can answer my own question in a couple weeks...LOL
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:29 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,247 Posts
Congrats on your find and making the deal. I have some Futaba S3114 servos and they work great! That is all I have left from my Futaba 72 mhz system. The servos work with my 4.2 system. I like Futaba but they didn't have a 4.2 when I bought mine. Let us know how your micro Rx works for ya.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:32 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
cool.

what 2.4ghz system you using now?
Old Apr 06, 2010, 10:09 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,261 Posts
Quote:
Any of ye fellers use a Futaba R114F 4ch micro receiver?

Found one on my channel and an even up trade...the advertised 600ft range concerns me (this is for my stryker lyke) but allegedly its capable of a wee bit more...if anyone will find out its limitations aka via hard landing...it'd be me...guess I can answer my own question in a couple weeks...LOL
I have had a few of the R114 and R156 micros. They are heavy for a micro but overall they seem to work. I have 2 of them that have lost the throttle channel for the ESC. Really strange it would run a servo but would not see any ESC plugged into it. Got them used, could have been a fluke.

For light foamies, personally I like the Corona Synth the best, no Xtal needed, any channel you want.
Berg Micro Stamp is second
GWS third
R114 / R156 next, only because of the additional weight.

Foamies don't typically get too far away so range really is not an issue for them. My 2lb planes, Corona Synth Dual Conversion 8 channel RX.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 06:08 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
I might have to get one of those if the futaba doesnt work out. thanks
Old Apr 07, 2010, 10:10 AM
Taubate, SP, Brazil
Joined Aug 2007
66 Posts
My number 4 EA - would be 52in, now it is 39.5in

After building 3 EA with 32in I built a big one. It started as a 52in flat plane low wing, reinforced with 2 CF spars, but as it ended so flexible I put another CF spar. No good, in the first flight it appears to be a big bird, flapping the wings, but without power it glided well (well into a corn field :-) )

Then I convert the flat wing in a KFM2 one, adding a upper strip. It was better than the flat wing, but it is still not so rigid it needs to be. After some flights I added a bottom strip and convert the wing to a KFM4, but in test flight the motor cut after 5m and it crashed in a very high tree, no damage in the crash, a lot of damage recovering the EA.

After that I scraped this wing, it is very crude with all additions, and started think about a new one. I would like to try a KFM3 but it should be difficult to build in a elliptical wing.

The new wing is a squared KFM3 with 39.5in (1003mm) with the same area of the old one. It is made from 2mm depron, with a 1/2 x 1/2 balsa spar and a 3/16 x 3/16 balsa support for the KFM3 strip. As it is a thick wing I could put the servos inside. The complete wing weights 160g, 5.6oz.

After 5 flights I am very happy with this big EA, a very stable behavior, a low stall speed, only it doesn't have a great final speed, not a problem for me.

The specs are:

TP 2409-12T 1600KV 64g
ESC TP 25A
4 x 9g Hextronic servos
1750mAh 3s Rhino battery

Thanks, Gino
ginodouglas is offline Find More Posts by ginodouglas
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:41 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,247 Posts
Wow, I like your new 39.5 in low wing Gino! Neat color scheme.

On final approach is it faster than the 32in model?

It's good to hear it has a very stable behavior.

Dalton