SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:44 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
Download
Web site for Keil Kraft EeZeBILT boats

I've just put up a website for the Keil Kraft EeZeBILT range of boats, because no one else seemed to have one on the web.

These were small British starter/child's kits, made out of balsa, about a foot long, which sold between about 1960-1990. If there's anyone who wants to revisit their childhood, you can download a couple of plans from the range (well, photocopies of the die-cut balsa) from:

http://eezebilt.co.vu.

The boats were very easy to make, and looked quite impressive. They were suitable for 7-10 year olds starting to do built-up kits. Have fun...
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
Last edited by dodgy; May 08, 2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: url change
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2010, 11:55 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
We now have the following plans up on the site:

Terrier (die-cut sheets and lines)
Triton (die-cut sheets and lines)
Curlew (die-cut sheets - lines coming soon)
Cresta (die-cut sheets)

And some promises of scans for the Otter and Mermaid - now we only need the Neptune...
Old Jan 06, 2010, 01:28 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,088 Posts
Fantastic !!!
I love the boats from the 50's & 60's . I'll be building one from your site I'm sure.
Will also help get a few youngsters into the hobby. As well as stir up the memories of the oldies.
Keep us all posted.
Thanks.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Jan 06, 2010, 07:02 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
Glad to hear you like it!

These early KK boats are a bit small and simple for today's tastes (though I intend to get a complete collection and make them up). And there is only one of me, so it is hard to make boats and keep a site going...

But I hope that in a few months there should be a good selection - then people can either build the model that they never got round to doing when they were 10, or build a similar, slightly larger one with R/C, of the type that would probably be being sold in the shops today if KK EeZeBilts were still going.

And none of them should cost more than about 4GBP - say, 7AUD. Current idea on the stocks is a 15" RIB....
Old Jan 09, 2010, 02:38 PM
Grosse Pointe, Mi
Joined Jun 2005
1,123 Posts
Dodgy,

Great work, makes you want to dash down to the LHS and buy some sheets of balsa!
I'm not sure where I'll fit in building one, but I intend to.
Will the plans for the Cresta be up soon?
I like your Fireboat build, at the moment I'm 80% through re-drawing the original 34" version.
I think a 20" Sea Queen would be a good subject for future work.

Rob
Rob_P is offline Find More Posts by Rob_P
Old Jan 09, 2010, 06:53 PM
Grosse Pointe, Mi
Joined Jun 2005
1,123 Posts
The Cresta Drgs are there, seems I was not waiting long enough for the download.
Thank you.
Rob
Rob_P is offline Find More Posts by Rob_P
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:06 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_P View Post
The Cresta Drgs are there, seems I was not waiting long enough for the download.
Thank you.
Rob
No trouble! The Cresta is rare, so I hope lots of people will download it. We may get it drawn up properly in a few weeks, but I am currently looking at getting the Otter up. Watch this space...

PS. For anyone who's interested, the last 50+ Steam Launch build pictures have just gone up, together with an amended plan. So anyone who wants a little 18" summertime steam launch with a deck chair for about 3 build cost, toddle off to http://eezebilt.co.vu. and download it...
Last edited by dodgy; May 08, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:42 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
I have now put up the 12" Tamar Lifeboat plans. At http://eezebilt.co.vu/Tamplan.html . With plans for the fittings elsewhere on the site. Have a little lifeboat for a couple of quid!

The prototype boat's not actually painted yet, but the float tests looked ok, and you will find that what I started out doing was build a Severn hull with Tamar superstructure, and had to mod the plans somewhat....!
Last edited by dodgy; May 08, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:56 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2009
753 Posts
Old KK Ad's

Hi Dodgy, Great website, I loved the idea of getting a cresta to hang my mini outboard motors on ever since I saw this ad a few years back, but could never find any info (
Now with your site I can hopefully get to build one myself!

Feel free to use these if you wish

regards
Russell

RussellTate is offline Find More Posts by RussellTate
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:23 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2009
753 Posts
Neptune

I see the Neptune looks better in the drawings than in real life )
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTate View Post

Hi Dodgy, Great website, I loved the idea of getting a cresta to hang my mini outboard motors on ever since I saw this ad a few years back, but could never find any info
Now with your site I can hopefully get to build one myself!

Feel free to use these if you wish

regards
Russell

Thanks, Russell, that's very kind of you. Have you got a reference from where these adverts came from, and a date?

Putting the old EeZeBilt kits 'back into circulation' is exactly what this web site is about, so I am really happy to hear that it may be of use to you. Sorry we only have the balsa scans up at the moment - you can see that we try to draw the lines as well to give a better plan to work off, but I am up to my ears in work at the moment, and the Cresta lines are having to wait for a while. They will come, but in the meantime if you want to ask about any difficult to read part, do so, and we will try to help. In return, it would be great to get a picture of any completed boat for the site....

I did have someone who promised they would scan a Neptune for me before Christmas, but it's beginning to look as if that won't happen. Still, we are working on an Otter scan and lines at the moment (they will be up in a while), and someone in Canada says they have a Mermaid which they can scan - so it looks as if I may complete the set sometime before Summer (in the NH )

Good luck with your modelling!

DG
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:05 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2009
753 Posts
Model Maker July 1960

HI, I think the pics came from Model Maker July 1960 edition. I copied them from a Bill Arrick book on Toy outboard motors (his was a photocopy too!)

Found this other page ...

Old Feb 14, 2010, 04:07 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
437 Posts
Thanks for that. I have a fair bit of info about the start of the KK EeZeBilt range, but very little about its demise. I don't even know when Eddie Keil died, and so if anyone knows any more about the KK EeZeBilt history I would be glad to hear from them...
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:12 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2009
753 Posts
Cresta pieced together

I pieced all the Cresta parts together so it was easy to see. the large scan is at 150 dpi so you could rotate the file print out sections complete if you have a larger printer.

large scan

preview:

Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:12 PM
Joined Jan 2007
595 Posts
just found this thread, it is just great, i love to build small balsa boats so right up my alley
larryg is offline Find More Posts by larryg