HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:08 AM
Sleep, Fly, Eat, Fly, Build
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
Question
New user, ordered but no customer service

Hello there Pete! I just wanted to say your products look great. I am excited to try them. I am new to RC planes and have ordered the F/A 18 just yesterday. Order number: yhst-39858413893234-55101. I tried calling today to talk with someone about the order as I had some questions, like when will it ship and is the Jolly Roger in stock? I sat on hold for 40 minutes then had to hang up. My call was at 10am PST. I then tried to call again at 4pm and was on hold for 30 minutes to no avail. I then tried to reach someone via livechat at 4:30, but no one was available but the hours say from 9-6. Just curious if I should buy the other planes I want to order or go elsewhere. Please reply. thank you! Jody
viperjody is offline Find More Posts by viperjody
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2009
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperjody
Hello there Pete! I just wanted to say your products look great. I am excited to try them. I am new to RC planes and have ordered the F/A 18 just yesterday. Order number: yhst-39858413893234-55101. I tried calling today to talk with someone about the order as I had some questions, like when will it ship and is the Jolly Roger in stock? I sat on hold for 40 minutes then had to hang up. My call was at 10am PST. I then tried to call again at 4pm and was on hold for 30 minutes to no avail. I then tried to reach someone via livechat at 4:30, but no one was available but the hours say from 9-6. Just curious if I should buy the other planes I want to order or go elsewhere. Please reply. thank you! Jody
try the live chat, it seems to be more reliable, also this forum is a good way to get in touch with them. try a PM to Banana Hobby/Pete

good luck
superd333 is offline Find More Posts by superd333
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4 Posts
I've used the live chat a few times and always got someone within a couple mins.
Ducdood is offline Find More Posts by Ducdood
Old Jul 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperjody

I apologize about the hold time. Unfortunately, I can do much about it currently. It is July and I have 3 employees on vacation and we just released 3 from our personnel staff for performance reasons. If your order was placed yesterday, it will process in the next 2 days and shipped. If you have any questions, our live chat works great. Or you can ask them directly to me here. Thank you again for your patience.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:23 AM
Sleep, Fly, Eat, Fly, Build
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
i finally got a hold of someone and they were able to cancel my order because I ordered the Version 1 of the F/A 18 and I wanted the Version 2. The version 2 arrived today although they advertise free overnight shipping and did not ship it overnight, rather it went ground, even after I called to confirm it would go overnight. They offered me 10% off of my next order although I doubt I will order again.
viperjody is offline Find More Posts by viperjody