SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:43 PM
USA, KS, Manhattan
Joined Jan 2005
295 Posts
Help!
Enya 60X

Ok guys, I have an enya 60x and I am having a real problem getting it to run right. I can get it started and it has a really fast idle. I throttle up to full throttle and it starts to sputter like it is 4 stroking, so I try to lean it out and it dies, then it wont start. Can somebody give me a good starting point, I believe that this engine also has a middle idle adjustment as well as a low and high.
jessew47 is offline Find More Posts by jessew47
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:10 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,101 Posts
I've only ever run mine on zero nitro fuel so I can't say what, if any, nitro might make to the tune. Set the idle (bleed air) mix with the needle half way across the hole in the front of the carb as in the photo. Set the midrange lever (in the other photo) to the centre graduation and the high speed will likely be about 2 1/2 turns open (or thereabouts). Start the engine and go to full throttle to get the final setting on the high speed but keep it somewhat rich from peak. I prefer 500 to 1000 below peak. Once that's done you can fiddle the low speed mix using the pinch test and I prefer that to be a little on the rich side too.

That just leaves the midrange which is quite sensitive so if you make any adjustment away from centre then do it in small clicks. If the engine seems to bog down rich on the way to full throttle then move the lever a notch or so towards the - mark, if it just wants to die then go towards the + mark.

These are a very good carb to go with an excellent engine. They're AAC so don't bother looking for any pinch, there isn't any from new. But they're powerful and last almost forever.
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:01 PM
USA, KS, Manhattan
Joined Jan 2005
295 Posts
Thanks alot, I will definately give that a try. One last question, and that is what is the little set screw on top of the carb by the barrel for.
jessew47 is offline Find More Posts by jessew47
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:33 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,101 Posts
That's the idle speed screw and usually it's set so the barrel can fully close to shut off the engine using the transmitter. It's also the guide for the carb barrel to move sideways from closed to full throttle.
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder