Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,584 Posts
Discussion
Looks like Micro Invent has released the 2.4 GHz gear

Micro Invent has added the CORAL line of 2.4 GHz gear to their site:

http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/ind...d=21&Itemid=40

Finally, a 2.4 GHz micro setup that can be used on any TX with PPM output. Like my Airtronics Stylus.

They also list a .2g CORAL Light RX coming soon:
http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/ind...d=47&Itemid=66

I've flown 72 MHz Micro Invent gear for years and found it to be the most flexiable and reliable available.

When will I be buying it? Well...indoor season is a few months off and I'm also attempting to buy a Micro Invent Fokker DVII at the moment...so we will see
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:35 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,469 Posts
looks like the total for a 4ch Rx and the Tx module is $209.92
a little steep but, it has a lot of features.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff
Micro Invent has added the CORAL line of 2.4 GHz gear to their site:

http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/ind...d=21&Itemid=40

Finally, a 2.4 GHz micro setup that can be used on any TX with PPM output. Like my Airtronics Stylus.

They also list a .2g CORAL Light RX coming soon:
http://www.microinvent.com/mambo/ind...d=47&Itemid=66

I've flown 72 MHz Micro Invent gear for years and found it to be the most flexiable and reliable available.

When will I be buying it? Well...indoor season is a few months off and I'm also attempting to buy a Micro Invent Fokker DVII at the moment...so we will see

No FCC documentation!!!!!!!
Tx 20 miliwatts
tune by tito is offline Find More Posts by tune by tito
Old Jul 13, 2009, 09:31 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
That's what I was going to ask. At more than $3000.00 to get it certified I doubt they will do this. Note to importers... The other guys may file a complaint against this gear if it is being imported into the USA (look at what happened to Jeti).
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jul 13, 2009, 09:40 PM
shutup and tell me
PA
Joined Mar 2008
282 Posts
once again, electronics noobish guy here. What ARE the micro-invent standard rx'es "non 2.4 ghz" compatible with "TX wise"
sorry i cant find any other active threads with micro-invent gear
mingamo2 is offline Find More Posts by mingamo2
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:44 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingamo2
once again, electronics noobish guy here. What ARE the micro-invent standard rx'es "non 2.4 ghz" compatible with "TX wise"
MicroInvent RX you can get them @ AirMidiMicro only 72MHz.
Best Regards Tito
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:10 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
MicroInvent do not have any Spec only they are 4 and 5 servo channels RX, Modulation GFSK, TX decode 4 to 12 PPM channels to Digital GFSK.

I know by the RF clock(16MHz) MicroInvent is using Nordic RF Ic( I could be wrong), If they are using nordic they could have a nice Tx like ASSAN. However to costly for Micro Airplanes. They should be able to make the TX DIY and supply the firmware if you buy MicroInvent RX only.
Best Regards Tito
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
Joined Sep 2002
6,584 Posts
Quote:
The current Micro Invent 72 MHz receivers work with nearly all FM transmitters. Positive or negative shift. Throttle channel detection is done in the RX software allowing compatibility with brands other than Hitec and Futaba.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:47 AM
shutup and tell me
PA
Joined Mar 2008
282 Posts
so if i use one of those TX's that come with my rtfs i can use them? or do they sell crystals "which my TX's would exept"?
what TX's do they suppose there 2.4ghz will work with? i mean i know 2.4ghz ones but which ones? sorry about all my talk.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Joined Sep 2002
6,584 Posts
Quote:
so if i use one of those TX's that come with my rtfs i can use them? or do they sell crystals "which my TX's would exept"?
what TX's do they suppose there 2.4ghz will work with? i mean i know 2.4ghz ones but which ones? sorry about all my talk.
Are you asking about 72 MHz transmitters or 2.4 GHz (or other spread spectrum) transmitters?

The 72 MHz MI RX line takes GWS pico crystals. An RX crystal that matches the channel of the transmitter you want to use should be all you need.

The MI 2.4 GHz TX module should work with any TX that has a PPM output on its trainer port or module connection. At least it would appear that way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2009, 03:06 PM
shutup and tell me
PA
Joined Mar 2008
282 Posts
Thanks tim and tune!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 03:23 PM
shutup and tell me
PA
Joined Mar 2008
282 Posts
so i can buy pico crystals and a micro invent rx and be set? thanks
noah
Old Jul 14, 2009, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2002
6,584 Posts
Quote:
so i can buy pico crystals and a micro invent rx and be set? thanks
noah
Yes. They come with a crystal from AirMidi:
http://www.airmidimicros.com/MIRX.htm
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2009, 01:23 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune by tito
No FCC documentation!!!!!!!

It's 2.4 GHz and Spread Spectrum to boot. The reason there's no interference with this type of implementation is that the signal power is spread over a wide sub-spectrum and varies in frequency so fast that no one gets "hit". RC use of 2.4 GHz falls under the FCC Part 15, which basically means that if you design and implement your equipment to fall within the requirements of Part 15, you've achieved "type certification" for unlicensed equipment. Look at the back (or bottom) of your cordless phone or wireless router, in the battery compartment of your cell phone and just about any piece of electronic equipment and you'll find a disclaimer by the manufacturer that it complies with the relavant parts of Part 15.

So the operative phrase here is "who cares?"

Read this straight from the FCC website:

Two types of spread spectrum are permitted to operate on a non-licensed basis under Part 15 of the rules. Frequency hopping spread spectrum systems spread their energy by changing, or “hopping,” the center frequency of the modulated signal. In direct sequence spread spectrum systems, the information data stream is combined with a high speed digital spreading code to produce a signal with a relatively wide bandwidth. In both cases, the spreading reduces the power density of the signal at any frequency over the transmitted bandwidth, thereby reducing the probability of causing interference to other signals occupying the band.

New digital technologies have been developed that have spectrum characteristics similar to spread spectrum systems, but cannot be authorized under the current rules because the rules limit operation only to spread spectrum systems. The Commission proposed to remove this restriction. This proposal would provide the flexibility and certainty needed to promote the introduction of new, non-interfering products, without the need for frequent rules changes to address each specific new technology that may be developed.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Last edited by 356Jim; Jul 15, 2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 02:50 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356Jim
RC use of 2.4 GHz falls under the FCC Part 15, which basically means that if you design and implement your equipment to fall within the requirements of Part 15, you've achieved "type certification" for unlicensed equipment. Look at the back (or bottom) of your cordless phone or wireless router, in the battery compartment of your cell phone and just about any piece of electronic equipment and you'll find a disclaimer by the manufacturer that it complies with the relavant parts of Part 15.
That is so very wrong! ALL devices that transmit (and many that do not transmit) MUST have FCC certification to be sold in the USA! Go try to buy Jeti 2.4Ghz equipment from Hobby Lobby and ask them what happened when you find it no longer available. Fines for selling un-certified products can range up to $10,000 per device sold with really no limits on the highest amount. They will often put 1+ million in the fine depending on the product and whether you had been warned or not. This 2.4Ghz stuff is going to become the next area of witch hunting for the FCC, a few years ago it was part 15 FM transmitters.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot