Joined Jun 2009
My 1st RC-MGT 8.0 Picture Build Thread and First Video! First Released: November 2008
Think I went overboard? Lol Noobs...
This was Before I knew that Aluminum parts WASNT the way to roll... unless I was building a Shelf Queen
I thought I would post some pics here for you to see how the build went. Please forgive me as some may be out of order, but I think over all, you may get the picture ;-)
1) New Cooling Head - Nova Racing - Single Alloy Carved aluminum - 25 % cooler I find - Runs about 200c
2) Dual Fuel Tank setup - T Formation... Still in testing stages, but so far, so good.
3) Chrome Roll Cage and Fuel Lines
4) Optional Aluminum Steering Package
5) Waterproofed Servo's - Sealed with Silicone, Green Slime, and Blue elecrtical tape
6) RCX Shocks with Piggy back Resivoirs.... Yep, they're functioning
7) Aluminum Aero-strength Alloy Control Arms (Upper and Lower)
8) Alloy Shock Mounts and Body Pins
9) Vented Steel Racing Disk Brake
10) Add a "non bashing body" just for pictures sake....
11) And add a couple of lights...
12) Check out the clearance now!!
13) Now just to attach this big Mudders
I have mounted the MASHER tires, and have some pics for all you crazy MGT'rs out there!!
Here we go...
Without Body, Just mounted...
With body...oh man... It's a BEAST!
way to much aluminum just remember you hit a tree their goes
hundreds of dollars of aluminum all bent , it's an MGT not show car and two
gas tanks isnt a good idea, your just wearing the engine down faster.
that's why they have a certain amount of CC's so you don't over heat
the engine. besides that it looks great! also have mgt's great trucks.
Easy to get carried away on the ally parts. I had a revo that went the same way, now I've got a FG monster and i have to keep resisting the temptation of ally upgrades on that. Now i justify it by only buying them i need to because of a break. Surprising how much you can break in a day when you try .
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale||AE Mgt 8.0||avoidingexpert||Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W)||1||Nov 22, 2008 06:37 PM|
|Sold||Mgt 8.0||avoidingexpert||Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W)||1||Nov 04, 2008 03:03 PM|
|Discussion||Revo 3.3 vs MGT 8.0||Ratchet1974||Off-road Cars||2||Jan 06, 2008 08:48 PM|
|Yippee!||Lost my 1st RC sailplane today - a fly away||arukum17||Sailplane Talk||40||May 31, 2006 07:40 PM|
|what do you think about my 1st RC HAB.||MisterZepp||Blimps||6||Nov 09, 2005 05:06 AM|