HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:23 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
Discussion
Super Cub LP - Not Responding.

Hi! I'm new to the RC world, but not the electronics one. I have a couple of questions about my new Supercub LP which I've had out for about a dozen flights.

First: What is the 4 prong connector on the bottom of the LP for?

Second: I was out flying with a friend today, we both have LPs on different channels. I have crashed it twice on previous days including major tail damage. I'm used to it now, I was landing in a parking lot today, it was a decent landing, but hit a bump and tipped the plane forward a bit hard onto its nose. This is whats wrong:

No response at all, almost like the receiver is dead (I have tested the battery and transmitter, both are functioning as far normal as I can tell). I have taken the craft apart to check for clear damage - everything appears to be normal. Everything appears to be connected to a central control block/receiver. Is it best I simply replace this part or is it repairable? Or possible something else?

Thanks for help in advance
Cerby is offline Find More Posts by Cerby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:35 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
Found it, a blown solder bridge - is this a common LP problem?
Cerby is offline Find More Posts by Cerby
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:11 PM
Jake-in-the-Box
Joined Jul 2010
1 Posts
I just experienced the same thing with my Super Cub LP and need to know where the solder break was to see if this was my issue as well. I looked everything over and cannot see any obvious problems.
jakeinthebox is offline Find More Posts by jakeinthebox
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:26 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Sounds like you didn't get the throttle cut in time. I like to kill the power just as Im about to touch down so that doesn't happen. And yes, the stock RX/ESC brick is a known weak point with an otherwise great plane.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:27 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,208 Posts
Since the cub went lipo the RX/ESC is very fragile. It is running 'on the edge' with a LOT more power but no upgrade. It only takes a second of prop stall with power on to fry it.
flydiver is offline Find More Posts by flydiver