HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by la528it, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:10 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,167 Posts
Cool
Plane Quiver

I picked up a plane quiver the other day from saoring usa. I could not fit one of my wings in the standard 68" bag, so instead I picked up an 80" model.

This is a BIG bag, and I was a little concerned about transporting lighter, lighter gliders to the field: the bag had plenty of padding and is made of a terrific cloth... only problem is that it does weigh a bit much for the omega 1.8e to carry.

A very easy solution was to pick up some 4mm coroplast. The chords run lengthwise down the bag. I then reinforced 85 percent of it with an additional layer that runs the opposite direction. A little gorilla glue, and it was perfect.

The bag now supports itself, rather than relying on the strength of the planes to form the bag into shape.
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
to remove ads between posts