HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:33 AM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2009
570 Posts
Question
ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless - control surface throws - need some setup help

I have a ParkZone Super Decathlon brushless and am trying to setup the throws \ deflection for the rudder and elevator.

I know enough to know that more is not always better on the hi rates but thats about where my knowledge stops.

I looked in the manual and searched without results.

Was looking to see if anyone had good recommended deflection measurememts in mm for low and hi rates similar to the information here on page 33-34
http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...ice-Manual.pdf
for the E-flite Apprentice

Thanks
xraydoc is offline Find More Posts by xraydoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:44 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
I flew a buddy's Decathlon the other day and we flew it would about 1/4" throws and it flew like a champ.. I was skeptical of how well it flew.. After I flew it, I ordered one..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:34 AM
Honey, I got more planes!
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
I cover some info on the control throws in my review of the Decathlon BL. Here's the link..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990359
ghee-grose is offline Find More Posts by ghee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:49 AM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Apr 2009
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghee-grose
I cover some info on the control throws in my review of the Decathlon BL. Here's the link..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990359

thanks - great review

What I was trying to figure out is if there was a point of diminishing return when getting a lot of throw on the control surfaces
xraydoc is offline Find More Posts by xraydoc
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:24 PM
Honey, I got more planes!
USA, AL, Athens
Joined Jun 2003
4,274 Posts
I have mine maxed out on the control surface, but didn't touch the servo adjustments. It flies real nice like that.
ghee-grose is offline Find More Posts by ghee-grose
RCG Plus Member