SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:58 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,481 Posts
Discussion
Eurgle 2.4Ghz 9 channel radio AUD$120 anyone using it?

just come across this radio and wondering if anyone is using it?
http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61207
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:36 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Gazza, HK has the same but under the name of Turnigy. I bought mine from HK. I have used it with an Assan module and found it quite good. Programming is pretty straight forward. You have to download the manual off the Net. The manual is pretty basic but playing with it is needed and it falls into place. They have problems at the moment with its software and quality control ( soldering etc ). I bought a version 2 release from HK which was supposed to have the software bugs ironed out. Well I sent mine back last week for a replacement. Still had bugs in the software. If they get the bugs ironed out it would be a Great 9ch at a really good price. HK have them for $69 US and the Module for $13 US. The recievers are $14 US so the price is right. Once sorted it would be good value for money.

Here is the Thread on it in the radio forum.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575

B x
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:38 PM
Denton Tx.
Joined Sep 2003
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead
Gazza, HK has the same but under the name of Turnigy. I bought mine from HK. I have used it with an Assan module and found it quite good. Programming is pretty straight forward. You have to download the manual off the Net. The manual is pretty basic but playing with it is needed and it falls into place. They have problems at the moment with its software and quality control ( soldering etc ). I bought a version 2 release from HK which was supposed to have the software bugs ironed out. Well I sent mine back last week for a replacement. Still had bugs in the software. If they get the bugs ironed out it would be a Great 9ch at a really good price. HK have them for $69 US and the Module for $13 US. The recievers are $14 US so the price is right. Once sorted it would be good value for money.

Here is the Thread on it in the radio forum.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575

B x
I see it has a FM antenna on it. As far as I can tell it only come with the 2.4 module only or does it come with the FM module too?

If it don't come with FM module, Do you know what FM module will work with it?
Dennis H. is offline Find More Posts by Dennis H.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:56 AM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Problem with Eurgle 2.4Ghz 9 channel

I got my transmitter the other day, but when I have connected it to my plane, bind it and then turn it on, the servos go haywire and start jittering. They do not respond to any inputs from the transmitter.

I connected it to my PC with my simulator, and it does the same thing, with the on screen plane servos jittering and not responding.

If I remove the 2.4 Ghz module from the transmitter, the simulator is fine to use, with the planes flying well. When I plug the module back in again, the same thing happens.

I have also tried binding a seperate reciever with the same results.

I believe that from this the 2.4Ghz module may be cactus and I need a replacement.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?
crusty_bear is offline Find More Posts by crusty_bear
Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:20 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Hi Crusty. I have the 9x Transmitter and I run the HK module and recievers in it. It would be the same setup as you have just under a different name. I'll just check first with the binding. Put the binding plug that came with the Rx in the Batt Pins of the Rx. I then connect the speed control to one of the channel slots in the reciever. The Black ( Neg ) wire of the Esc is pointing away from the Body of the reciever. Connect the Batt to the ESC. The lights start to blink on the RX. Push the Button on the the rear of the Tx module in and then while you have pushed it in and holding it then turn the Tx on. Keep the Button pushed in until the lights of the Rx stop blinking and go solid in color. This should only take a few seconds. Once its bound, remove batt from Rx and then turn off Tx. Remove the Bind plug from the Rx. As I dont run a seperate Batt to the Rx to power the Rx, I connect the esc to the Rx to what channel I'm using and run the Batt through that to power the Rx. The negative wire ( Black ) on your servos, Esc always points away from the Body of the Rx.

Bx
Old Nov 22, 2009, 03:57 AM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply, figured out I was binding it incorrectly. Now it works fine!

Thanks!
crusty_bear is offline Find More Posts by crusty_bear
Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:24 AM
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
2.4 9x

hi everyone iam new to this sight as you are allready awere.i have just bought myself the eurgle 2.4 9x and i cant get it to bind i have red the above topic and i still cant get it to bind.iam not sure if its because i might have a dud tx moduel or is it because i dont have a esc?and heres another 1 the lights dont flash when i plug the bat in to another chanel!?the only way i can get them to flash is to put the bat into the bat plug and the bind plug into the bind plug i just dont no.dazzed and confused please can anyone help me?

thank you
aussie digger.
aussiedigger is offline Find More Posts by aussiedigger
Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:55 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Hi Aussie. Welcome to RCG. As you have done, putting the bind plug in the bind plug hole then connecting the Rx batt to the batt plug, the lights are flashing on the reciever. Now push the Button in on the module and keep it pushed in, which is located on the back off the module, now turn on the Tx. It will take a few seconds and the lights on the Rx will go solid. Its bound. Once this is done you can release the button on the back of the module. Now disconnect the batt and the bind plug from Rx. Once diconnected turn off the Tx. When turning back on, turn the Tx on first then connect the Batt to the Rx. The lights will be solid in the Rx. If you are not using a seperate Rx Batt to power the Rx and you are using an esc then plug the esc into one of the channels and plug the batt into you esc, dont forget the neg wire faces away from the body of the Rx with the esc and srvos etc.

Remember when Binding, the Rx is powered up first then the Tx is powered up. When using the unit normally for flying etc, the Tx is turned on first then the Rx is powered up.

Hope this helps

Bx
Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:57 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
You use that name on any other forums Aussie Digger?
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Nov 26, 2009, 06:46 AM
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
mabye why?
Old Nov 26, 2009, 06:56 AM
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
binding

hi boxhead listen how long does it take to bind(for the red light to stop flashing)cause i held that button in untill i could no longer hold my finger on it.does the transmitter have to be set on some thing like you know ppm pcm?iam really starting to think that the moduel is stuffed dont now.thanks for the reply anyway.might have to send it back,not shore if its just going to be a waste of time.thanks again.

thank you.
aussie digger
Old Nov 26, 2009, 07:02 AM
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
other sites

hi discostu,do you goto the finescale site?your name rings a bell
Old Nov 26, 2009, 07:31 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
I think it was from a defence force forum I remember your name. Don't know the finescale website
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Nov 26, 2009, 02:53 PM
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
yer iam not shore where it was from but i no the name.well at least we are with friends thats the main thing isnt it??
Old Nov 26, 2009, 03:02 PM
Joined Nov 2009
10 Posts
finescale

finescale.com its a really good place to go to for info about modelling plus its also a magazine(finescale modeler)great for info its helped me out alot everything from cars to armor,planes to battleships but if you would like to take place in the forums its like this site you hve to be a member.no big deal.

thanks
aussie digger