HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2003, 01:30 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,667 Posts
Corona with Voyager E landing gear

Well I finally got some Voyager gear for my Corona but I see that the batt needs to be up front more on the heli to balance it out. If I use the battery mount on the front gear what will keep the battery from moving around? I see a lot of guys just using the one mount but does the battery move?
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2003, 02:35 PM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Hi,

Well I've seen various solutions to this (I think I like Fred Bronk's best where he had the rear landing gear mount "extension" that's needed for fitting the V-E gear angled a little forward so this brings the rear battery mount further forward and hence the battery can sit further forward over all. But if you've already glued a modified rear mount in place for the V-E (I had) then you need some other solution.

My (extremely "Heath Robinson"!) idea was to make a "battery extender". I cut some brrom handle (that's about the same diameter as sub-C cells) into about 3" lengths and wrapped two pieces side by side. I then drew around the end of a sub-C pack and cut out a plate a little oversize from crutch off cuts. Around this I wrapped a strip of 1/32" ply to make a kind of tube and glued this to my thick ply piece. On one side I put the wooden rods and then wrapped it all in layers of Duck tape. You can now leave this clipped into the rear V-E battery mount and slide the main battery packs into it through the front mount.

I hope these pictures make more sense than that description!

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer