HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by AdamWolf26, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:38 PM
wolfmanhobby1
San Diego
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
RTF Multiplex FOX gliders

Check this out from California Hobby repair! My name is Adam Wolf, owner and operator of California Hobby Repair. I am selling pre-built Multiplex Fox Gliders 19.5 inch wingspan. This glider is originally an all foam free flight glider. I have added three micro servos, yes, thatís three servos; one in each wing and one in the tale. The servos are equivalent to blue arrows and weigh 3.6 grams. The Fox may be set up for use with spoilerons or flaperons. You can't even tell that the plane has servos. The ailerons are cut out precisely and then reattached using Blenderm. The wing has a strong spar; no need to worry about breaking this plane. Trust me, I tried. The battery pack is a 180 mah NiMH that fits very nicely in the front of the fuselage. If you have a micro receiver, it may be located directly behind the battery. The overall weight of the glider is approx 72-80 grams. Different colors are available along with custom paint schemes. You can slope it, bungee launch, or tow it up with another airplane. After hours of trial and error, I believe I have engineered the BEST, most fun and affordable micro glider that flies amazingly well. Get one now. Only $100 plus shipping. Pictures coming soon. Contact me at 858-277-9277 or PM me and I will get right back to you.
AdamWolf26 is offline Find More Posts by AdamWolf26
Last edited by AdamWolf26; Jul 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:00 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
hey wats the WS on them can you get pics pleas im very interested
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:07 PM
wolfmanhobby1
San Diego
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
Fox

The Wing span is 19.5 inches. Pics will be added soon
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:15 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
1,054 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
These things are sweet!

I, along with a bunch of guys from Torrey Pines got these from Adam. They are really fun for combat and doing crazy things you would not do with other planes. The roll rate is insane. It took me 5 minutes to drop my AR6100 and fly! Chech out my pics below.

Phil
Phil Davy is offline Find More Posts by Phil Davy
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:36 PM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Jun 2005
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
I watched him fly these little guys at Torrey Pines in June. Very nice little fly anywhere birds.
desilejf is offline Find More Posts by desilejf
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:30 PM
Albatross in next life
SAN DIEGO
Joined Dec 2002
301 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Multiplex Fox -- radio control style!

These 'lil stingers are a hoot ... surprisingly agile and above all FUN! I will vouch for Adam as he did a nice job buildng my carbon Banana and repairing my Mini Destiny. My Valenta Volcano 3.75M semi-scale also flies much better after Adam reworked the control surfaces; seems like he gleaned a lot of knowledge while working for Dymond Modellsport!

Toby
Toby W is offline Find More Posts by Toby W
Last edited by themoth88; Jul 14, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:25 PM
Greenville, SC
Joined Nov 2004
318 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Looks pretty sweet. I picked up a pair of these for my boys a few months back at Joe Nall. I keep wanting to convert one over to an electric, I have the gear, just need to do it.

Any chance you have any video? Video is good!!

Thanks,
Brian
buildscapeinc is offline Find More Posts by buildscapeinc
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
wolfmanhobby1
San Diego
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
I soon will be adding picks and video. keep posted
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:37 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
what control surfaces do they have
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:45 PM
wolfmanhobby1
San Diego
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
If you look at the photos posted you'll see pictures of the Fox. This should give you a good idea of what surfaces are controlled. For example, the ailerons are cut from the wing on each wing half, sanded slightly on corners and then reattached to the wings using Blenderm - the wings are one piece, they do not seperate in the center. The elevator is done the same way, but it is a full length elevator. Hope you like what you see...give shot if you have questions. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:22 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
read ur PM?s
Old Jul 11, 2009, 09:14 AM
Joined Oct 2007
665 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
How much wind can you fly these in off the slope?
Turtle_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Turtle_Flyer
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:05 PM
wolfmanhobby1
San Diego
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
well when everyone lands im still flying. The most wind I have had a chance to fly in is around 16mph. A little bit of turbulance before it gets off the ridge is normal. It normally will fly right through the turbulance and straight up she goes. Happy Flying
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2007
665 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWolf26
well when everyone lands im still flying. The most wind I have had a chance to fly in is around 16mph. A little bit of turbulance before it gets off the ridge is normal. It normally will fly right through the turbulance and straight up she goes. Happy Flying
How much ballast do you have on it and where are you putting it when flying in 16mph wind?
Turtle_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Turtle_Flyer
Old Jul 11, 2009, 01:38 PM
wolfmanhobby1
San Diego
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
Ballast

Surprisingly I had no ballast just added more elevator down trim. If you add ballast the most I would add is approx 14g directly on the cg. The cg on the fox is different then when it is a free flight keep that in mind. Like I said I have many hours flying at Tory Pines Glider Port and blossom valley here in San Diego with the fox. I have flown the fox in all sorts of conditions and each one is precisely built and tuned by me.
Closed Thread