Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by kobkobico, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:53 PM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Discussion
Flight Photos

Obviously, like many of you, I love flying. It was only natural then that on a flight from LA to Seattle then back that I went picture happy and snapped as many pictures as I could from the air. What can I say, it's hard to screw up aerial photos. Here's a collection the shots I took, some great, some not so great. It's a bit of a shame I can only show them compressed like this.
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
Last edited by kobkobico; Jul 10, 2009 at 06:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:10 AM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Very cool pics. Thanks for posting!
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:47 PM
My soul, your beats!
La Caņada Flintridge, California
Joined May 2009
222 Posts
Lol, I know, right? I don't see why so many people hate flying. See, for me, the vacation's over when I get off the plane at my destination. The flight WAS the vacation. Taking off, landing, sudden turbulence, smooth flying, I can't get enough of it. The noises, the view, the cabin, the food- its all great. Nice pics by the way.
TokageWeasel is offline Find More Posts by TokageWeasel
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:09 PM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokageWeasel
Lol, I know, right? I don't see why so many people hate flying. See, for me, the vacation's over when I get off the plane at my destination. The flight WAS the vacation. Taking off, landing, sudden turbulence, smooth flying, I can't get enough of it. The noises, the view, the cabin, the food- its all great. Nice pics by the way.
Yes! I totally agree! I won't go as far to say that the vacation is over, but the plane ride there and back is half of it. My mom always does night flights if we do ever go anywhere, which I suppose are nice when you are over a city, but mostly not too great, so I was thrilled this was a day flight. I too have no idea why so many people hate flying. Yes I get a bit sick feeling sometimes, but heck nothing worse than a car ride, and you're in the air at 30-40,000 feet, how isn't that amazing to the rest of them?

You talk to people and they miss so much. Someone that flew the same route as I at a window seat asked how I saw such neat things, since they didn't. I'm sure they passed many cool sights, but just don't bother looking out the window. I guess there is one nice thing about most people not caring a huge amount about flying: it isn't a huge fight to book a window seat!

Anyway, ever seen this video (around the 2:00 mark is the airplane part)? I laughed so hard at how it mirrored my thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETv3...layer_embedded
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
Last edited by kobkobico; Jul 18, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:39 PM
My soul, your beats!
La Caņada Flintridge, California
Joined May 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobkobico
Yes! I totally agree! I won't go as far to say that the vacation is over, but the plane ride there and back is half of it. My mom always does night flights if we do ever go anywhere, which I suppose are nice when you are over a city, but mostly not too great, so I was thrilled this was a day flight. I too have no idea why so many people hate flying. Yes I get a bit sick feeling sometimes, but heck nothing worse than a car ride, and you're in the air at 30-40,000 feet, how isn't that amazing to the rest of them?

You talk to people and they miss so much. Someone that flew the same route as I at a window seat asked how I saw such neat things, since they didn't. I'm sure they passed many cool sights, but just don't bother looking out the window. I guess there is one nice thing about most people not caring a huge amount about flying: it isn't a huge fight to book a window seat!

Anyway, ever seen this video (around the 2:00 mark is the airplane part)? I laughed so hard at how it mirrored my thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETv3...layer_embedded
Roflmao, "Now you watch a movie n' take a dump, and you're home",
That whole thing was brilliant, that guy's good. But I couldn't agree more about people missing so much. I was flying a trans-con flight and in order to help people adjust to the timezones, they asked everyone to pull down the window screens so people could sleep. (Outside was bright daylight). So around 2 hours later, I decided to dis-obey the flight attendants and peek just a bit. (Curiosity, I just wanted to see what was outside). As I slowly pulled up the screen, sunlight just leaked into the cabin in the most amazing way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up3TI...eature=related
This song would've fit so perfectly, but that wasn't the best part. The plane appeared to be gliding just inches above miles upon miles of continuous pillowy clouds. It was almost like a second-ground, made of heavenly clouds. Much like the third image. These clouds weren't your average cirrostratus clouds though, something about them made them heavenly. Must've been the sunlight. And here I thought to myself, "I can't believe everyone's missing this beautiful sight! How can you all be sleeping when something like this is just outside oyur window!". And then a flight attendant came and asked me to pull down the screen again, (Ruined the moment. )
TokageWeasel is offline Find More Posts by TokageWeasel