HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2009, 02:38 PM
Joined Jun 2009
9 Posts
Question
hobby king speed controller question?

Hello everybody, thanks for your time looking at my post. I have been searching and searching for information on my problem but have hit a road block. I am relatively new to the sport and am loving it! I just purchased a hobbyking 50-60A speed controller and when I plugged everything in, and plugged my 2200mah 3s battery into the ESC to see the direction of the motor turn, and the motor just kept beeping. It woudl beep for a while, then stop, then kept going. I tried different recievers, different batteries, but nothing changed it. The only thing i can think of is that the ESC needs to be programmed? But you know hobbyking- no instructions. Any help? Thanks!
qtturner1 is offline Find More Posts by qtturner1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2009, 06:51 PM
Wing Bagger
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2005
128 Posts
hk ESC need a BEC since they are opto, so either hook up a battery or get a bec. then once you do that, (1) kill the throttle stick, (2) turn radio on, (3) plug battery to esc/bec to receiver. for setup google suppo 50 amp esc
Bagger is offline Find More Posts by Bagger
Old Jul 08, 2009, 09:17 PM
United States, NY, West Islip
Joined Apr 2008
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtturner1
Hello everybody, thanks for your time looking at my post. I have been searching and searching for information on my problem but have hit a road block. I am relatively new to the sport and am loving it! I just purchased a hobbyking 50-60A speed controller and when I plugged everything in, and plugged my 2200mah 3s battery into the ESC to see the direction of the motor turn, and the motor just kept beeping. It woudl beep for a while, then stop, then kept going. I tried different recievers, different batteries, but nothing changed it. The only thing i can think of is that the ESC needs to be programmed? But you know hobbyking- no instructions. Any help? Thanks!
What model speedy exactly is it???did you try reversing the throttle channel from the radio??
MaximumDeflection is online now Find More Posts by MaximumDeflection
Old Jul 08, 2009, 11:17 PM
Joined Jun 2009
9 Posts
Perfect! I tried what you said, and it works wonderfully. I honestly didn't know what a BEC was, and that my new ESC didn't have one. Huh! Well i guess you learn somehting every day. I'm going to order a UBEC and wire it in! Thanks so much for spending the time trying to help me out! You're awesome.
qtturner1 is offline Find More Posts by qtturner1