HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2009, 02:25 PM
How does it work? How did it?
Karlsruhe, Germany
Joined Mar 2009
1,155 Posts
cyclic wobble is due to the one-way bearing INNER part being badly machined. Replace with Align one and say bye to wobble.

Marek
mareklew is offline Find More Posts by mareklew
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2009, 03:23 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareklew
cyclic wobble is due to the one-way bearing INNER part being badly machined. Replace with Align one and say bye to wobble.

Marek
That would be a very strong possibility.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:41 AM
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
131 Posts
Ok new pinions arrived! Got 3 different sizes, all in confirmed .5 mod, 11t, 12t, 13t two of each (I didn't know that until they arrived, thought it was just one of each).

So as soon as I popped it on the motor and compared the old one and new one, the old pinion was completely wrong... Pitch was way off, new one meshes smoothly, like night and day difference. Also these ones are longer, so the set screw is nowhere near the main gear, on other one set screw was only half a mm from the main gear when the gear was fully meshed.

Mounted it all back up in the heli, and meshed the gear with the instructions you all gave (which I had tried on the last gear as well) this time it was a fairly easy process, meshed it up easily, quickly, and now it's extremely smooth. It's a HUGE difference lol...

Now I can freely rotate the main gear by hand and the motor spins smoothly, no real resistance, I can even get it to free-spin a bit (it will continue spinning for 1 or 2 revolutions just by the momentum of the motor housing spinning).

I'll give it a spinup in the house (blades off) to let you all hear it if I get a chance tonight. but if the weather's nice I'm taking it out to the field lol...

Anyway I will keep you all informed
Glasswalker is offline Find More Posts by Glasswalker
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:28 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Yay

Be sure to get some video of the first crash
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:11 PM
gulf coast,south louisiana
Joined Jun 2008
1,175 Posts
well...... hows she fly?
igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:51 AM
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
131 Posts
Lol Weather was good, but couldn't get out. We have company up from Kingston, and I thought I would be able to get out while her and my wife were shopping in the evening, but the timing didn't work out.

I'll shoot for tonight. And yes I'll definately get video! (hopefully not of a crash) lol
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:10 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasswalker
.... I thought I would be able to get out while her and my wife were shopping in the evening....
If you give them like... I don't know... five hundred bucks... they'll be gone all night
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 15, 2009, 02:22 PM
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
131 Posts
Had my first "Flight" today lol

More accurately my horrible uncontrolled pirouetting followed by a near crash into my camera tripod, which was only narrowly averted by a hard landing resulting in a tail strike lol...

I will post a fresh thread with a video (which sadly didn't catch much) and some photos post-crash.

We will continue discussion there lol