HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 07, 2009, 12:33 AM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Gallery
Gee Bee's and Gator Getters

I had to post several pictures of this plane. It turned out so well .. not that it's ready for a scale competition or anything, but for what it is.. it's Fan Tastic. In fact it's a Fan Tastic Models GeeBee R-1. I inherited the kit from Mr. Vyceroy who simply asked me to build it and fly it. I finally got around to finishing it and putting the decals on. The kit itself was amazing. Moulded depron type material and all the supports and structures for the landing gear, motor mounts, even the tires and the special rudder to aileron linkage that this model requires to actually turn while flying. It's powered by a Feigo brushless inrunner on a GWS C gear box and a 10X8 prop on 3 Cells and only 2 servo's operate the surfaces. 1 for aileron and rudder and the other for elevator. Flys great and looks ... well like a GeeBee.
The Swamp Boat is another project I'm working on and was given to me by a customer whose wife had him empty the garage. I've added the motor mounts and decking, but everything else had already been done. It's a Dumas kit and made for a .19 nitro motor with an 8 inch pusher prop. I've decided that since it's major function, other than the have fun tooling around on the grass or the water, will be to help retrieve downed water planes with it's nice flat front end, I'd like to have forward and reverse, so I've incorporated a Traxxas speed control and motor with a 3 blade 8x4 pusher prop. No where near complete, but not too much more to do on it. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one scoot around a pond here pretty soon.

Build on...

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2009, 06:11 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
DUUUUUDE! That Gee Bee looks sweet! Kristy loves those things. I wanna get one of the big ones one day. But, as we both know, Im a chee pass.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Jul 07, 2009, 09:16 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,743 Posts
I had a similar looking airboat called the "Puddle Jumper". Took an .049 Cox engine but I replaced it with a brushed motor. Back in the 80's, batteries weren't too good and the sucker died in the middle of the pond. Took a while for me to retrieve it. They're a whole lotta fun. You'll have a great time.

-Lee
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:35 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Thanks Guys..

Laine,
the GB is fast for a little undercambered dude. It flys well though. taking off from the ground is an adventure but once you pour the coals to it, it jumps right off.
Lee,
The airboat has been and continues to be one of the most interesting things I've done in a while. Hope you had better luck with it eventually. thanks for the encouragment.
Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera