HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:36 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2,801 Posts
As in, "I've been everywhere man" or "I'm Movin On". Its very sad that almost all the Country Singers are dead now.

My lust is reserved for a Bruce Tharpe Super Flyin King and a Saito 4.50 to fly it. Bruce already approve of the combination, so when money is no object I'll gitter.
I TOBOR is offline Find More Posts by I TOBOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:56 AM
NITRO !
United States, MI, Marysville
Joined Apr 2010
2,528 Posts
Gary Cee is offline Find More Posts by Gary Cee
Last edited by Gary Cee; Jun 18, 2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: a common mistake....for me
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:05 AM
NITRO !
Joined Apr 2010
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I TOBOR View Post
As in, "I've been everywhere man" or "I'm Movin On". Its very sad that almost all the Country Singers are dead now.

My lust is reserved for a Bruce Tharpe Super Flyin King and a Saito 4.50 to fly it. Bruce already approve of the combination, so when money is no object I'll gitter.

Yessir,

My buddy "discovered" Johnny Cash's version of "I've Been Everywhere" and was raving to me about it. I said son, you ain't heard nothing yet ! Played little old Hank Snow's REAL version. Hank got a brand new fan.

At least we still have Ray Price.

The Saito radial has some huge lust potential now that you mention it.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:47 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,801 Posts
And then there's Leroy Van Dykes, "The Auctioneer"

And that big Saito radial will make some serious music that is pleasing to the ears, it definitely won't sound like an escapee from the chainsaw factory.

As I type this I'm listening to Johnny Cash' Riders in the sky, there must be 50 different instruments in that song.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:43 PM
Talk soft, carry a big plane.
northern colorado
Joined Jul 2007
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cee View Post
I still have my Saito 2 stroke ignition engine as well as the open rocker .30 that I bought from the Hobby Barn before Horizon cornered the Saito market in the US.
They are nice engines but I reserve "lust" for the mighty YS.

I'm with you on the two stroke issue. When they fire one up at the field I sit in my truck , windows up and listen to old Hank Snow CDs.
YS 110 is one of the few glow, non Saito I still have high on my want list!
That and some sweet Euro 4 stroke gas radials that I'd need to sell my house to afford!

I know quite a few high contributors to this thread have some pretty sweet engine collections, how I wouldn't love to have some demo's of your guy's stuff. I love reading about all the tips and experiences from you engine guru's out there!

hmmm, I've been wondering how that old open rocker .30 would look on a plane too - I just love all the moving parts!
maxadventure is offline Find More Posts by maxadventure
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:34 PM
NITRO !
Joined Apr 2010
2,528 Posts
Geez thanks,

I have been trying to block the Moki from my mind ! Very easy to obssess over that one . I even considered a custom motorcycle based on that baby.

I guess I will have to "Just Walk On By" for now eh Dave ?

BTW, The YS .91AC is every bit as sweet as the 1.10. You can often pick up a nice one for a lot less money.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:02 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey guys,
I got my Dad's j3 Cub all trimmed out and the motor running nice now so I sent it home with him but he doesn't have a NiMh charger... Please send me a PM with any cheapos that you know of out there that have variable rates.
Thanks
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Hey guys, I just got my latest 56 running after cleaning the rust out of it and replacing the bearings but I have a question. The bearings I purchased off of eBay are both shielded where the original rear bearing was shielded and the front was sealed. Will I have any issues other than perhaps some oil seepage past the front bearing? This thing runs fantastic and am going to install it in my World Models clipped wing Cub 48 running a 12x6 prop, either an APC or a Pro Zinger. Thanks.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,387 Posts
No issues, but it will have a runny nose.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:02 AM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Thanks Greg. I'll bring the Kleenex when I fly.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:19 PM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
Some video of the .82a in my 3DHS Sukhoi .15x4 zinger and 30%
Sukhoi at Catron Field (3 min 41 sec)
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:32 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
The Gehto,Ca.
Joined Jun 2008
1,115 Posts
Nice . A little evening flight to beat the heat .
MikeMcChiken is offline Find More Posts by MikeMcChiken
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:40 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Help with my Saito 100

Hello,
I had my Saito 100 running in my Sig Star 60 for a while before I sold it and have recently moved my Saito 100 over to my 60size Dago Red P-51 Mustang. Unfortunately I'm having problems starting it. I reset the high and low to factory spec. Manual says 5 turms out on the high and on the low make the low needle flush with the throttle arm but this isnt working. Cant get her started like this? Anyone have a suggestion? Anyone know what a good setting for high and low is to get her started? Thanks!
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,801 Posts
5 turns out is only for the first 10 minutes of the break in. Turn the LS in about 1/16th inch and the HS at 2.5.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Thanks How many turns out is 1/16th" Not sure what you mean by that and the HS 2 1/2 turns out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I TOBOR View Post
5 turns out is only for the first 10 minutes of the break in. Turn the LS in about 1/16th inch and the HS at 2.5.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer