HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:53 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
The Gehto,Ca.
Joined Jun 2008
1,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh
Its just not for you thats all . I like the Electric versions of my planes way better then the Saito powered versions , but thats just me .
Electrics cheaper also BTW . I mean $300 for an .82 . Come on I can get a more powerful setup electric for $100 cheaper then the spend that on a battery pack to add to my collection . Plus never have to fiddle with anything and come home and set my plane on my nice clean white carpet to admire it.
But thats just what I like , some others don't
Oh yeah you could have saved all the fuel bill for batteries , which BTW are not that expensive these days nor temperamental. A half hour to charge and your off . I fly 3 packs all day long back to back.
Not to mention you now can get the V3 Hyperions with a 5c charge rate . Heard there awesome . As long as I don't have to get a loan to buy nitro I will always have at least one saito though .
MikeMcChiken is offline Find More Posts by MikeMcChiken
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:56 PM
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined Aug 2008
92 Posts
hey do yall get any response from horizon when you e-mail these guys. i have e-mailed them 4 times with problems ive had and never got an e-mail, a call, or anything. i have have spent ALOT of $ with them and it may be time to spend it at towerhobbies.
greg harrison is offline Find More Posts by greg harrison
Old Sep 11, 2009, 09:44 PM
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg harrison
hey do yall get any response from horizon when you e-mail these guys. i have e-mailed them 4 times with problems ive had and never got an e-mail, a call, or anything. i have have spent ALOT of $ with them and it may be time to spend it at towerhobbies.
never had any issues with them myself but have never tried to email them.
other companies I have emailed were very slow to respond , and one guy got pissed because I emaled him 3 times and on the 3 rd try I got rude ,thats when they replied but for the wrong reason
airboss/oc is online now Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:07 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,686 Posts
I had one issue with them a new Saito .50 had soft compression, I sent it to them on Wed and had it back Tuesday with a new cylinder. There was a minute casting flaw letting compression leak around the intake valve seat about 1/16th inch away from the seat. The seat itself was not leaking. My LHS says they are by far the easiest and fairest vendor to deal with.
I TOBOR is online now Find More Posts by I TOBOR
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:12 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
The Gehto,Ca.
Joined Jun 2008
1,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg harrison
Call them . If I remember correctly if they are real busy it takes your number and they call you back . I sent a Evo .46 back barely under warranty . They totaly rebuilt the motor . New piston , sleeve , seals and needle valve . All for the price of postage .

You won't be buying Saitos from Tower . I will say Tower has great service too though . Be leary of the new 4-banger line OS has . Heard they don't state the correct weights of the engines .
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cub-O-Holic
Deltona, FL
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
I agree that calling them is the way to go. I had multiple issues with my H-9 PNP Cub. The last issue was with the Evolution 46 NT. I sent it to them, they replaced almost every piece on the engine but still couldn't get it to run right so they sent me a new 46 NX for the price of the postage. I have never tried to e-mail them with my issues. I wanted to talk to a live person and felt it was much faster. I never had to deal with Tower Hobbies customer service but Horizon is awesome.
gluemaster is offline Find More Posts by gluemaster
Old Sep 13, 2009, 07:56 PM
Joined May 2009
5 Posts
Any of you guys had experience with the 72 .. and prop sizes and plug types .. would be interested in getting feedback of what works best .. in scale application inverted
ceeg is offline Find More Posts by ceeg
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:38 PM
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
1,017 Posts
Fa115

what glow plugs are best ?
is it ok to flip the carb ? I assume it is and already did but havnt run yet.
airboss/oc is online now Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:44 AM
Alan
USA, NC, Dudley
Joined Sep 2007
213 Posts
Ok, I posted this question last night on another forum, but have had no answeres. So I see there is a saito forum here, and will ask you folks what to do. I have a saito 120s with the choke on it. (I have taken the choke off) Anyway where the high speed needle goes in to the carb is a brass barrel. Mind broke off at the side of the carb and the high speed needle came out. Caused my showtime 90 to die a early death. Anyway the barrel is supposed to screw out I think, but there is nothing get a hold on to screw out. So how do I get out the barrel? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
Alan
PS I could post pictures, but I am not sure how clear they would be.
bgfireman is offline Find More Posts by bgfireman
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:58 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc
what glow plugs are best ?
is it ok to flip the carb ? I assume it is and already did but havnt run yet.

Boss, the stock plug is fine, flipping the carb is a snap, take the mounting bolts out, swing carb out to the side, flip it around and swing it back in place.

BG, even a poor picture would help.
I TOBOR is online now Find More Posts by I TOBOR
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:02 PM
United States, GA, Ringgold
Joined Oct 2005
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcChiken
Call them
(snip)

You won't be buying Saitos from Tower . I will say Tower has great service too though . Be leary of the new 4-banger line OS has . Heard they don't state the correct weights of the engines .

I bought my first Saito (.50 GK) from Tower nearly twenty years ago, or thereabouts. I also bought my first Webra, YS and Chinese made engines from them too. That was before Tower got on this house brand only kick. I liked them a lot better back then and I spent more money with them in those days. I still like Tower and use them a lot, but I kind of miss the old days.

Ed Cregger
Ed Cregger is offline Find More Posts by Ed Cregger
Old Sep 14, 2009, 04:29 PM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
Advantage Hobby ! They will get you your order to you in a timely fashion also . Im through with Tower now that Ive found Advantage .
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:00 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
The Gehto,Ca.
Joined Jun 2008
1,108 Posts
All you Saito fans . The Saito82 is listed at Horizon for $229 . You think they screwed up? Or are they trying to get rid of them for a replacement ???
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:08 PM
Alan
USA, NC, Dudley
Joined Sep 2007
213 Posts
Here are some pictures of my carb and the replacement part.
bgfireman is offline Find More Posts by bgfireman
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:08 AM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcChiken
All you Saito fans . The Saito82 is listed at Horizon for $229 . You think they screwed up? Or are they trying to get rid of them for a replacement ???
It's for real. I just ordered one for $195 - they have 82s with scuffed boxes for $195. I also ordered a velocity stack for the .82 Golden Knight parts list (about $7). Free shipping too. I already have the GK version and like the addition of the velocity stack.

I had seen pics of the 82 replacement awhile back - at least the gasoline version (that's right, gasoline). The casing is more like a 1.25 IIRC and it has an aluminum back plate.
rodneygt is online now Find More Posts by rodneygt