SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2009, 06:58 PM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
Discussion
Modded HZ Super Cub

Hey guys,

I got a SC a while back, and flown it quite a bit - all stock. I finally decided I liked it too much to cut back on flying it just because of the stock electronics and paint job - so I souped her up!

She now has an Airtronics RDS8000 reciever, E Flite 20 ESC, two Hitec HS-55s, and 3S lipo power! Also redid her to match the L-21 aircraft. Still need the star decals (on order) and finish the wing. I think it looks good.

Anyways, I was wondering about my ESC - it's E Flites 20amp, brushed ESC which is powering my stock 480 gear drive. Will that ESC run fine on my 3S Lipo 2200mah (12C) packs? Those won't overload it, will they? The manual says it can take anywhere from 6-12 volts. It just seemed like my ESC was a bit warm when I did a static run in the living room.

As well, my ESC has the brake on it - so when you come to idle on the stick, the prop doesn't spin. Can I take the brake off on the particular ESC?

Thanks!
Kyle
kylewoody is offline Find More Posts by kylewoody
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2009, 07:02 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
Your 1/2 the way there.Why not go w/ a Eflite 480(brushless) & 30A ESC....RTR
realtimerecon is online now Find More Posts by realtimerecon